What have you done to your P5 today?

wash and detailed the car...put on the 18's..getting ready for the show tomorrow!

Attachments

• 18s.jpg
    18s.jpg
    228.1 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
Trade in teh pro5?

Yep traded it on the MSP. The MSP already had what I wanted done to it and was resonably priced or well it hink so at least. Plus the auto trans in the P5 was due to kick the bucket fully any time soon... plus i wanted to be back in a standard again.

I hate you all. This site has me seriously considering doing a transmission swap to standard.

It started out with a simple intake question 4 years ago and now I'm thinking about doing that. You bastards. I'm addicted to this forum.

Lol jk I love you all (no homo) but I'm tired and not able to believe that I'm seriously considering this swap. And no, I will not just buy a new car. My car is my baby.

All my dents Magically disappeared thursday night.....Night and Day difference....Took a total of 8 out...and two were on the body lines.

I have two more to get filled which I hope to get to today if the weather co-operates..I dont feel like making roon in the GArage for the P5..nor do I feel like pushing the motorless beast.

i got it for 80 bucks last week + shipping . they were running a special that day...lucky me i guess. its back to like 225. i just got it painted a gunmetal greyto add some contrast and to tie in the cast iron grey i got on the valve cover... heres the link though
http://www.grounddynamics.com/Templates/frmTemplateZ.asp?SubFolderID=472&SearchYN=N
I am not seeing it in that link...Only the CF one....And I just would like to have the FG like you have...but I am also not paying FUll lip porice for a half lip either.
Anyone else know where to get a lip like this at?

I know back in the Day....SpicyMSP....a member from Cali had a company(repped for) that used to make and sell these lips....ANyone remember that?

Last edited:
how much miles on the MSP?
did you have to pay a bif difference?

My new/used MSP had close to 59k it hurts 59,003 miles it hurts! I ended up paying a little over 10k for it out the door and thats with them paying off my P5. After everything was said and done I'm only payign 20-30 bucks more a month for this MSP including insurence, gap insurence, 3yr 36k warrenty, ect... ect.... ect... I feel that I got one hell of a deal. What makes it even sweeter is that it already has all the mods that I want to do to it even right down the the brand of shock/struts and springs!

Edit: Don't worry I'll still be lurking this thread as always! Now I just have two to keep up with the MSP and P5 thread. More then likley this will be the "main" thread that im always in.

! I ended up paying a little over 10k for it out the door and thats with them paying off my P5. After everything was said and done I'm only payign 20-30 bucks more a month for this MSP including insurence, gap insurence, 3yr 36k warrenty, ect... ect.... ect....
GAP Insurance...WTH?
Its a Five year old model....THere is absolutley no reason you should need GAP Insurance at this point..Unless you FInanced a Crap ton on this thing.

And waranty.....Wow....They sold you a warranty with the mods...
Its through an Outside warranty compnay isn't it?

Good luck when there is a Problem....My buddy is an Estimator for one of those companines...you have a problem..and they come out and see this things beeen modded...there went your warranty.

Whether it was sold to you modded or not..they don't care..your not insuring/warrantying(SP?) it against problems from being modded.....and neither are they.

Just a Little FYI....

GAP Insurance...WTH?
Its a Five year old model....THere is absolutley no reason you should need GAP Insurance at this point..Unless you FInanced a Crap ton on this thing.

And waranty.....Wow....They sold you a warranty with the mods...
Its through an Outside warranty compnay isn't it?

Good luck when there is a Problem....My buddy is an Estimator for one of those companines...you have a problem..and they come out and see this things beeen modded...there went your warranty.

Whether it was sold to you modded or not..they don't care..your not insuring/warrantying(SP?) it against problems from being modded.....and neither are they.

Just a Little FYI....

I had inquired about the mods and they said it would be no problem as long as its running off the stock ECU with no mods tot he tune. Thave have pictures ect ect. So yeah they know about them and it have it wirtten on paper that those current mods will not void my warrenty. Gap insurence is a good thing considering how much I drive. I will be will owe more then what the car is worth in a few years due to milage. Also it was an aditional 30 bucks for the life of the loan. I put damn near 60k on my p5 in 2.5 years so yeah gap insurence is good ideal and for 30 bucks for 3 years wth not?

Not to rain on teh parade, but, had a buddy buy a Focus moded with lowering springs and CAI and exhaust and wheels and tires.

He bought it from the dealer that way and bought the warranty.

He had pics and everything and the salesman lied and said, sure, it's all covered.

2 weeks later, his car has crappy idle and doesn't have any torque.

He takes it in and they see the exhaust and CAI and say they aren't gonna touch the car with the mods on it.

He doesn't have stock aprts and nowhere in any of his file does it say mods are covered.

So, unless you've got it in writing, i wouldn't count on it

Now let's see pics!!

I finally got a system put in last night, and oh Lord am I impressed...
I got two 10" Swiss Audio Subs and a 1000W Crunch amp.
I am thouroughly satisfied with the sound... it's very clean! :)

I hate you all. This site has me seriously considering doing a transmission swap to standard.

It started out with a simple intake question 4 years ago and now I'm thinking about doing that. You bastards. I'm addicted to this forum.

Lol jk I love you all (no homo) but I'm tired and not able to believe that I'm seriously considering this swap. And no, I will not just buy a new car. My car is my baby.

I've been considering the same, I have a sportronic and purchased this car as a commuter, I eventually caught the modding bug and now I miss a good ol manual tranny.

Not to rain on teh parade, but, had a buddy buy a Focus moded with lowering springs and CAI and exhaust and wheels and tires.

He bought it from the dealer that way and bought the warranty.

He had pics and everything and the salesman lied and said, sure, it's all covered.

2 weeks later, his car has crappy idle and doesn't have any torque.

He takes it in and they see the exhaust and CAI and say they aren't gonna touch the car with the mods on it.

He doesn't have stock aprts and nowhere in any of his file does it say mods are covered.

So, unless you've got it in writing, i wouldn't count on it

Now let's see pics!!

yes I got it in writing and I already posted pics but here they are for you again. lol

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/galleryuser.php?userid=24184&gallery=MSP/&page=&type=

The sad thing is that I don't know how to drive standard since I never got the chance to. I have heard it's easy to learn (easy to learn, not perfect mind you) but I really want a manual tranny cause I don't even have tiptronic. Not that it matters but I dunno. I want to start piecing together all the parts but at the same time, I don't have anywhere to put them. I guess I'll just have to wait.

I've been considering the same, I have a sportronic and purchased this car as a commuter, I eventually caught the modding bug and now I miss a good ol manual tranny.

The sad thing is that I don't know how to drive standard since I never got the chance to. I have heard it's easy to learn (easy to learn, not perfect mind you) but I really want a manual tranny cause I don't even have tiptronic. Not that it matters but I dunno. I want to start piecing together all the parts but at the same time, I don't have anywhere to put them. I guess I'll just have to wait.

The hardest part about stick is to learn how to take of from a stop other then that it just takes a little practive to shift smoothly and your good to go. You can tell when you need to shift gears based on feel and the sounds of the engine. However like i said the hardest part about stick is takign off from a stop.

Back