What have you done to your P5 today?

I have NIB alternator on shelf in garage so I won't begin to feel that way when it goes out.............Have to be major caca for me to ever get rid of mine............and NO, not summonsing any major caca by saying that either.

finally put in my mishimoto reservoir tank thats been sitting around lol

B7bM3Ig.jpg

I started making the list of things to buy or do, to a new to me 02 P5 that has lived close to the ocean for 17 years

Last edited:
bought a honda element to be the p5 backup over winter in case the p5 brakes again. not nearly as fun to drive :(

Installed oem trans mount. Having that 3/8 drive breaker bar really helped. I also noticed I have better clearance and access to the rear, might have to look at doing that soon.

I replaced the stock shifter bushings including the 3rd link bushings with Kia bushings since they are better than the Mazda ones and cheaper than the Corksport bronzeoil ones. The 3rd link bushings weren't even there so my shifter had a very large amount of side-to-side play.

The shifter feels insanely better now. The side-to-side play is so little that I wasn't sure if I went into 3rd gear or if I slipped back into 1st!

I ran into a couple of issues, like the bolt through my TWM short shifter breaking off at the nut, but I was able to find something at Home Depot to make it work. Two of the four heat shield holes stripped out as well. I'm kind of pissed about that but I was able to make it work so it doesn't rattle like an MFer.

I ran into a couple of issues, like the bolt through my TWM short shifter breaking off at the nut, but I was able to find something at Home Depot to make it work. Two of the four heat shield holes stripped out as well. I'm kind of pissed about that but I was able to make it work so it doesn't rattle like an MFer.

Same happened to me with the bolt. I also ended up just removing the heat shield after one of them stripped lol.

Thinkin it's about time to replace 12 yr old tires on the car......due to age more than wear. Has to be personal record for same set of tires on any of my vehicles lol......garage parked so no uv issues. Not my daily driver either, duhhhhh. Guess I can get some lower treadwear tires this time too.

Cats clogged on 200k mile truck. Been driving p5 last few days waiting for truck parts to show. Still diggin the hatch action.

Wasn't there a "Windshield Spray Nozzle" mod people we doing, what Make/Model works for the protege? I thought it was usually sourced from the Mazda Tribute, but I don't remember for sure.

Back