What have you done to your P5 today?

Put the summer wheel setup back on

cache.php

Nice and clean looking SeminoleMan! The wheels suit it well.

Is that a factory fitted sunroof? We here in Australia didn't have a factory sunroof option. I'm interested to see what the controls and headliner looks like with a factory sunroof. The dome light would have to be relocated I'm guessing? Could you please post some photos?

Thanks, JazzySP20!

Here in the U.S., you could opt for the factory moonroof/ sunroof. This option was bundled with the in-dash 6-disc changer and sub-woofer mounted in the spare wheel. The overhead controls are simple consisting of two-buttons and two overhead lamps. The first control button nearest the driver raises or lowers the rear portion of the roof glass while the button nearest the passenger slides the glass backward and forward.

The picture below from the 2003mazdaprotege5.blogspot.com, which I am not affiliated with.

https://goo.gl/images/dPUJNr

Thanks, JazzySP20!

Here in the U.S., you could opt for the factory moonroof/ sunroof. This option was bundled with the in-dash 6-disc changer and sub-woofer mounted in the spare wheel. The overhead controls are simple consisting of two-buttons and two overhead lamps. The first control button nearest the driver raises or lowers the rear portion of the roof glass while the button nearest the passenger slides the glass backward and forward.

The picture below from the 2003mazdaprotege5.blogspot.com, which I am not affiliated with.

https://goo.gl/images/dPUJNr

Thanks for the pic SM. That's a different dome light to what I have. Headliner looks neat with the dome light installed in what looks like a raised channel in the middle of the headliner. S/R controls look nice and basic with reading lamps for driver and passenger. Have to say if that's a the factory headliner for P5's with S/R, it looks very neat and tidy. Damn you Mazda Australia for not having a S/R option! (notcool)

By how much would you say it restored/improved your shifter's play?
I had new Kia bushings which came with the short shifter and the ones near the linkage weren't bad. The way the website describes it is spot on, "tight and direct". There was really not much play but these made it much better. Where you shift to, is where it goes.

Last edited:
Installed the corksport 3rd link bushings, was not fun. The grinding and drilling method made it soo difficult. Best way imo, was to saw the bolt on the thicker bolt head just inside to avoid that yoke problem. Did notice significant reduction if not complete lack of play when engaged in any gear.

Last edited:
MP3
Installed my first set oF hids, and also replaced the rubber clutch line do to it leaking and having no pressure to slave.

Last edited:
Installed the corksport 3rd link bushings, was not fun. The grinding and drilling method made it soo difficult. Best way imo, was to saw the bolt on the thicker bolt head just inside to avoid that yoke problem. Did notice significant reduction if not complete lack of play when engaged in any gear.
Oh nice, that pin can be a bother lol. Did you go with the bronze oil or urethane bushings ?

Oh nice, that pin can be a bother lol. Did you go with the bronze oil or urethane bushings ?

I just think it makes no sense to try and grind one side or drill if you can just cut thru the bolt itself and give you room to push out the bolt from both sides. You risk damaging it or in my case bend it a little in which i had to use a rubber mallet to straighten it out because it would no longer pivot freely. yeah i did the whole corksport bronzeoil kit.

Removed power steering pump and took it to a fabricator to add a 1/4" flange on the outer edge of the pulley.

Changed the oil, super gross and dark. I'm also having some rear wheel noise I need to further investigate. Unsure if the calipers are sticking or bearings or shot. Or both :/ Makes noise when rotating either wheel. Didn't have time to dive deeper but I'm hoping for a simple solution.

Back