What have you done to your P5 today?

Yea, I should just get a snowmobile.
Between my donuts and trespassing on the railway, I could be in big trouble. lol

Screenshot_2017-11-16-19-34-20.png

Installed the roof rack deletes, Tokico blues, Tein springs and a set of Racing Hart wheels on the P5 a couple weeks ago. Currently painting the headlights black. Need to swap the MSP rear subframe and sway bar then get it aligned.

Once I have an intercooler setup decided on I can go ahead with the turbo install. I have the stock MSP intercooler and rad, but need to find a hot pipe. Or I can order an eBay FMIC kit and go that route, but I don't want to negatively impact my AC which is what happened when I put FMICs on my MSPs.

32d5dd2196fb76820b3dba9e2ad1eb45.jpg

0ee29ddc71a1a0e5107e24dab0e8c89c.jpg

Throwback to the nice summer days..

The P5’s been sitting a lot lately, between work and the cold weather, I haven’t done much. Put the winter wheels/tires on......that’s about it

Forgot to report back about the starting issue I had few weeks ago. Thought it was the starter. Tried a bunch of different things making it more complicated that it needed to be. Turns out it was ground wire from the 1sty ground kit I installed back in 2006. Didn't even think that would render the car inoperable. It was not connecting completely so my starting was intermittent. Reconnected it and it's been all good ever since. Didn't even think to check the simple things. So I guess I learned my lesson to really check the simple stuff even if you think it's ok.
Thanks to pcb for the help. Always very helpful.

Last edited:
Not what I have done to my P5, but this relates to what I plan to do.

Can someone please post a photo of the P5's 'Cruise' light location on the cluster?

Australian P5's (SP20's) didn't have cruise from factory. I'm working on something that could work, and want to try make it look factory.

Oh, did the light change colours when On, to when Engaged?

Well, I broke the law and took a picture for you.
The "cruise" light only comes on when it is engaged.
There is no indicator (or different color light) when the main switch is turned on.
I leave mine on all the time and only accidentally turn off the main switch, which leaves me wondering why the cruise control won't engage.
The cruise control only engages when the speed is above 40 km/h.

Thanks PCB! You're a champion!! (2thumbs)

Now to find me a Canadian P5 5spd cluster, or even just the temp/fuel gauge face. (canada)

Do the USDM (MP/H) clusters have the 'CRUISE' light in the same location as above pic?

Thanks PCB! You're a champion!! (2thumbs)

Now to find me a Canadian P5 5spd cluster, or even just the temp/fuel gauge face. (canada)

Do the USDM (MP/H) clusters have the 'CRUISE' light in the same location as above pic?

Yes they do, cc works the same on USDM/CDM

I got a flashing airbag light last night. Today I tore down the column and worked out the problem due to my clockspring.

Pulled clockspring from parts car.

Will install properly heh. ( This time ).
2b7330cb6f2ac63780e7dcf6c2cddf0e.jpg

Oh and I bought a new parts car, with tokico illumina's and a MSP tranny plus other goodies ( not sure about axels until I begin teardown ).
050668968eb2c823217fe3df5d02d4e1.jpg
f36a21626c483dd3618decc8374892b7.jpg
f288927183d4405f0fdbe93bcb26522f.jpg

Your car has an ashtray,.. why are there butts in your cupholder ??

And yes,.. I was listening to Judas Priest... lol

Your car has an ashtray,.. why are there butts in your cupholder ??

And yes,.. I was listening to Judas Priest... lol
Oh my god... I should have known you would point that out... Noticed right after posted picture. Thanks for the zoom in on my slovenly shame.. in fact it's worse than that as I have Two ash trays.. and no excuse for littering them in the cup holder..

Ah so today I cleaned butts out of my cupholder. Pictures or it didn't happen.... Wtf.
95da1e578cf75c3d405f7c763e6ac4ea.jpg

North American P5's don't have climate control?

I wonder if it's possible to retro fit? Would it be hard to do?

I'm on the hunt for one of these...

mazdaspeed_cluster.jpg

How much do they usually sell for? High Km's don't matter.
And is the 'MAZDASPEED' on the tacho the only difference to a standard P5 cluster?
Does the 'MAZDASPEED' light up at night with the rest?

I'm on the hunt for one of these...

mazdaspeed_cluster.jpg

How much do they usually sell for? High Km's don't matter.
And is the 'MAZDASPEED' on the tacho the only difference to a standard P5 cluster?
Does the 'MAZDASPEED' light up at night with the rest?
No the "mazdaspeed" doesn't light up.

Back