What have you done to your P5 today?

Holy moly, is that the transaxle? Top or bottom?
Front of the block. It evacuated my oil all over my headers, engine bay and road.

From 120 km to dead in 200metres.

Already pulling donor, upgrading to LSD and lightweight fly wheel, may as well do some other swaps while in there ( stainless brake & clutch lines, short shifter ).

Its just motivation to get on with things [emoji41]

I have until Wednesday before I am back on rotation.

Calling it the FML build lol.
6a985da8cfe656070ab1abfb1f3846b7.jpg
a95740b55b08771c9502c98f3920f65e.jpg

Took apart an LED dome for my truck and used the light panels/festoon adapter in the car dome............

full
[/URL][/IMG]

full
[/URL][/IMG]

Much brighter than anything else I've had..............

Prepped donor engine with hydramotor sports thermal gaskets and 626 intake. Confirmed lightweight flywheel. And hopefully is actually an LSD, not ripping it apart to check. ( There is a limit lol ).

Minor upgrades but stoked to get it put in !
2d241c17e62a01ff37d6566e98681c99.jpg
2c8b858fa39c227a6986423c8788539f.jpg

Some dude on the truck forum I'm on made dome replacements 3D printed with these panels..............just pulled the panels out and stuck them in the car dome housing with double sided tape.
wri5TfGl.jpg

vf2llETl.jpg

Did the ChrisFixx headlight hack, waiting for the clear coat to dry so I can see how they came out.

Already pulling donor, upgrading to LSD and lightweight fly wheel, may as well do some other swaps while in there ( stainless brake & clutch lines, short shifter ).

Its just motivation to get on with things

Let me know where you get that clutch line from. Looking into upgrading as well.

..Let me know where you get that clutch line from. Looking into upgrading as well.

Okay, will do. I have pulled it from a parts car. The brake lines ( yet to pull ) are branded "Goodridge". They appear the same as clutch line. As for the exact part numbers I have messaged the original owner ( who built it for solo2 a few months from new ) however he is up north working for a few weeks, but has all the original packaging etc for the upgrades. He also has a virgin stock transmission ( less than 2k kms ) and stock suspension in same condition I mean to pick up as backup.

I have put 2500 kms on this since I swapped engine & transmission. I am blown away by the flywheel and LSD. It revs SO quickly and applies torque wickedly through corners. The act clutch has taken some getting used to ( very quick engagement ).

Thoughts on upgrading, it's funny you bring one system up and notice all the other bits that need attention. So, the clutch line is nice & solid, however I can't help but notice my slave cylinder now likely needs replacing. And if I am to do the slave, may as well upgrade the master ( 929 master ). As this is the path I seem to have chosen, I may as well do it properly.

Oh, and like PCB I put on winters ( had to find toque and gloves today, snow isn't far off... ) I got a deal on four mounted on stocker rims ( Nokian nordman 5 195/55/r16 studded ). And no, I didn't paint them, came that way.
b5caba2abc58b33ca65e49b1fff26d46.jpg
96e67ceedcf564ce2bb433566ad19937.jpg

Last edited:
Oh, and like PCB I put on winters ( had to find toque and gloves today, snow isn't far off... ) I got a deal on four mounted on stocker rims ( Nokian nordman 5 195/55/r16 studded ). And no, I didn't paint them, came that way.

Actually the temperature is going up to 29 C (84 F) so I put my summers back on for a while.
I got my brakes regressed and greased up everything I could think of so now I just have to swap tires when it gets cold.

( Nokian nordman 5 195/55/r16 studded )...

I was thinking snow tires might not be available in the stock size. (not that I looked into it)

We're not allowed to have studded tires in Ontario. Apparently they tear up the roadways.

I still have some studded winter tires on my stock rims.. seems kinda silly since I'm in Texas now..

Put my Muteki lug nuts on, cleaned up the interior and gave her a quick rinse
ad76991783f38894a7c0a48af7aa910b.jpg

Also finally got around to peeling the rear window tint off. What a pita. Ill have to do the other windows too, dont feel like paying any shops $150+ to remove it

Last edited:
Put my Muteki lug nuts on, cleaned up the interior and gave her a quick rinse
ad76991783f38894a7c0a48af7aa910b.jpg

Also finally got around to peeling the rear window tint off. What a pita. I*ll have to do the other windows too, don*t feel like paying any shops $150+ to remove it

what kind of rims are those? they are sweet!!

I changed my front brake calipers and man oh man, I had no idea how bad the old ones were until I gained an extra 4 mpg with the new ones. (it's an auto, so i'm only up to 25mpg average) evidently they were seized up and I had no idea until it got REALLY bad. Definitely check your brake calipers if you haven't done so already.

Back