What have you done to your P5 today?

It is a charcoal canister. I removed mine and rerouted the lines to bypass it. If you get under there you should be able to figure it out pretty easily.
Its huge so moving it would be kind of hard to do. I had no CEL or anything when I removed mine and looped the lines.
I cut the whole spare tire well out so it had to go lol

I read that removing the charcoal canister is illegal, being that its part of the emissions control system.
It's also supposed to depressurize the fuel tank by storing vapors that form from the evaporation of gasoline and releasing them into the engine when the car is running. Otherwise the fumes can be released into the environment or even into the car.
Wouldn't looping the lines keep your fuel tank pressurized? Also the valve that opens to release fumes from the canister is controlled by the ecu, shouldn't this cause problems or poor engine performance if the canister is removed?
How did you reroute the lines?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Picked up a 129k mile short block for the P5 on Saturday, and ordered new bearings and seals for it. Going to replace the main and rod bearings, thrust washers, timing belt, water pump, and all the seals/gaskets on the motor. Then I will install a 110k mile head I have with an FSZE intake cam, ZE intake mani, an MSP upper oil pan/mbsp, Exedy Stage 1 clutch and an MSP oil cooler. Also planning to get a header for now, and if I decide to turbo it later on I will just have to run the oil feed, water lines, install the turbo, IC and MSP ECU. May even keep my spare SSAFC to tune it.

I bought the P5 to be a cheap daily but I think after driving the N/A FS I am going to get bored with it pretty quickly and will want boost. Plus a turbo P5 is cooler to me than an MSP, even if it doesn't have the MSP swaybars and interior.

Picked up a 129k mile short block for the P5 on Saturday, and ordered new bearings and seals for it. Going to replace the main and rod bearings, thrust washers, timing belt, water pump, and all the seals/gaskets on the motor. Then I will install a 110k mile head I have with an FSZE intake cam, ZE intake mani, an MSP upper oil pan/mbsp, Exedy Stage 1 clutch and an MSP oil cooler. Also planning to get a header for now, and if I decide to turbo it later on I will just have to run the oil feed, water lines, install the turbo, IC and MSP ECU. May even keep my spare SSAFC to tune it.

I bought the P5 to be a cheap daily but I think after driving the N/A FS I am going to get bored with it pretty quickly and will want boost. Plus a turbo P5 is cooler to me than an MSP, even if it doesn't have the MSP swaybars and interior.

If you don't end up using that spare SSAFC, i'll take it off your hands for my soon-to-hopefully-be-turbo P5 :)

I ordered the very first set of custom "DorkiDori Edition Super Low" coilovers from Yellowspeed for my P5... they should be here in two weeks. front AND rear camber plates and 20mm shorter dampers. these things should satiate anyones need for slamming their P5. they are also supposed to send me a set of their standard P5 coilovers so i can get side by side and on vehicle product shots. i will post photos and what not when they arrive. BOTH sets of dampers will be available via my website soon! but yeah, super excited to get these on the car!!! :D

I ordered the very first set of custom "DorkiDori Edition Super Low" coilovers from Yellowspeed for my P5... they should be here in two weeks. front AND rear camber plates and 20mm shorter dampers. these things should satiate anyones need for slamming their P5. they are also supposed to send me a set of their standard P5 coilovers so i can get side by side and on vehicle product shots. i will post photos and what not when they arrive. BOTH sets of dampers will be available via my website soon! but yeah, super excited to get these on the car!!! :D

Whaaaaaat! That is sick! It's possible I may be more excited than you xD Pics!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I've bought the car, I've done a few things

replaced front hub, rear main, and t-stat.

And that's about it. bought it with 186k on it and now has around 211k on it. motor is still chugging along nicely.

I've autocrossed it a few times and it's been a blast to race. Here's a video from the first event this year. https://youtu.be/EmXMtIwJ6vw
I toe the rear out to get the car to rotate more, and then set it back to "street" settings when I go to drive home after the event.

I also picked up a '96 Subaru Impreza OBS as a winter beater because eff rust, and open diff front wheel drive. Toying with the idea of buying my mate's KL off of him as he pulled it out of his 2000 Millennia and Megasquirting it in much the same way The Pope did his MSP. Minus the boost part. I drove my other mate's supercharged SVT Contour and that was a hoot to drive, so I have the horsepower bug to a certain point now :(

Got my jet hot coated OBX header installed. Has a lot more pep in mid to high end RPMs, can definitely tell the motor is breathing easier. Have a small exhaust leak under the car, but my exhaust piping is rusted to s*** from being a back east car... Gonna get a new secondary cat and mid pipe ordered soon (exhaust flange leaks at the flange to the axleback as well due to metal rot). Exhaust got a bit louder, but its a very bassy exhaust so doesnt bother me at all! Can't wait to get the cams in now!

20046543_10212337141775373_7030871341022966348_n.jpg

Last edited:
All my parts are in for the P5, may actually have some time this weekend to work on rebuilding the bottom end of the short block, seal everything back up and drop the motor back in. I won't have everything done by this weekend, but if I can get the motor in the engine bay by Sunday evening I will be ecstatic.

Got the new bearings installed in the new short block for the P5, and one of the rear motor mount nuts stripped so I have to take care of that now. Fun stuff.

I finally got around to installing the Tribute washer nozzles. It really is a great benefit, as water sprays evenly across the entire windshield. Yes, there is a small area in the lower driver side corner that stays dry, but it's hardly noticeable.

784f4c87f85bc25cbcb0e013bbbc9a22.jpg
04ebc25eb7ffb17bbc171ad8776a2fd8.jpg
896fff1ad0825dd9b5d67d27579b9829.jpg

So I did this today lol shout out to hornsfan10609 for the hookup on the valvecover. Mine was pretty messed up by po. Will post pics once swapped

Back