What have you done to your P5 today?

yeah free points for everybody

... wait wrong thread haha.

I'm so glad my Protege is mostly clean now, though no spray wash will ever get the glass looking clean at all. Hopefully there will be a sunny day soon so I can put the car out in the sun and have the ice melt off it.. don't feel like doing it with a propane torch haha

Kansei said:
yeah free points for everybody

... wait wrong thread haha.

I'm so glad my Protege is mostly clean now, though no spray wash will ever get the glass looking clean at all. Hopefully there will be a sunny day soon so I can put the car out in the sun and have the ice melt off it.. don't feel like doing it with a propane torch haha
i say do the propane torch....but thats just me

got it snowy :(

Attachments

• nsnowy.jpg
    nsnowy.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 147
lvast night i was installing my components and i sliced my palm open right below the thumb. 4 hours at the er and 3 stitches. i did get it tinted earlier that day though. 5% in back and windshield strip, 20% in the front windows. dead sexy. haha. i can't wait till my hand heals so i can finish my install.

one handed typing takes forever.

well i am gonna call the tinting place tomorrow and try to get an appt. :-D i photoshopped the tint and this is what it should look like, or something like it

20tint-1.jpg

aMaff said:
how bad? Everyone / thing ok?

Not bad. I nearly recoverd it. took a turn quick and and the ass end kicked out. I recovered enough that i was just perpendicular to the road in the opposite lane instead of spinning out completely and hitting the curb when i came to a stop. it was on a parking lot road so not highly traveled. It is so much easier to get the ass to kick out in the cold...its quite fun.

NJP5Guy said:
Not bad. I nearly recoverd it. took a turn quick and and the ass end kicked out. I recovered enough that i was just perpendicular to the road in the opposite lane instead of spinning out completely and hitting the curb when i came to a stop. it was on a parking lot road so not highly traveled. It is so much easier to get the ass to kick out in the cold...its quite fun.
I did something like that coming down a mountain in flagstaff but I some how managed to hold on and did a sweet drift around two turns, then the brake fade set in bad and I had to granny it down the rest of the way. rednecks-r-us was watching it in his rear view (damn that mofo is fast) It was so scary and fun at the same time made me want to look in to a rwd conversion to do some real drifting. :D

But I think I'll just get a 240

Last edited:
amsgator said:
well i am gonna call the tinting place tomorrow and try to get an appt. :-D i photoshopped the tint and this is what it should look like, or something like it

20tint-1.jpg

i called and have an appt for sat. should i get 20 or 30? i want it all the same but 20 on front isnt legal here....but i want it dark so i might do it anyway. what do yall think?

well, got her real dirty this morning...my car is covered with northeast crap..snow, ice, salt and sand...just lovely!(headshake

NC/KY here i come....someday

amsgator said:
i called and have an appt for sat. should i get 20 or 30? i want it all the same but 20 on front isnt legal here....but i want it dark so i might do it anyway. what do yall think?

20 looks really nice... if that's barely darker than legal, I say go for it :p I went with 30% on the sides and 20% on the hatch window and moonroof.. 30% is just a little darker than legal in CT, but it is slight so I haven't had any trouble.. I've been tinted for nearly 3 years

I watched my wife drive the car away in the rain yesterday after she dropped me off. Damn, that's a badass looking little car! The drop and tint make a huge difference in how the car looks!

Kansei said:
20 looks really nice... if that's barely darker than legal, I say go for it :p I went with 30% on the sides and 20% on the hatch window and moonroof.. 30% is just a little darker than legal in CT, but it is slight so I haven't had any trouble.. I've been tinted for nearly 3 years

the legal limit is 28. go figure. idk why such a weird number. so i was thinkin about goin 20. :-\

Skoozul said:
I did something like that coming down a mountain in flagstaff but I some how managed to hold on and did a sweet drift around two turns, then the brake fade set in bad and I had to granny it down the rest of the way. rednecks-r-us was watching it in his rear view (damn that mofo is fast) It was so scary and fun at the same time made me want to look in to a rwd conversion to do some real drifting. :D

But I think I'll just get a 240

I remember that. It looked cool to see a P5 drifting a corner in my mirror.

bazooka joe said:
well, got her real dirty this morning...my car is covered with northeast crap..snow, ice, salt and sand...just lovely!(headshake

NC/KY here i come....someday

Indeed. Damn...my car is so clean and I too have to go drive later in this crap.

Side note: Test drove another RX-8. Was very nice except for the miles and the 2nd owner only had it for 2 months (10K miles) and must have abused it because the rear tires are bald and were new when he/she bought it. Other issues so I walked away. So sad.

Back