What have you done to your P5 today?

Been messing around with this shark fin antenna.............

cache.php

The base has too much curve to it for our roof so I took the plate off the bottom and dremeled the base a bit flatter and also dremeled the posts a bit so base still mounts flush. Also ordered some 2.3mm thick double sided 3M tape instead of using the 1mm thick stuff it came with and had laying around garage. I did mount it up and reception seems fine. Trying to adjust to the appearance vs. the xelderx billet shorty that's on there. I do like that one. Sharkfin would stay out of the of whatever I put on the racks better but I don't use the racks that often to be concerned with that aspect. Will take a pic or 2 with it posed up until getting the thicker tape and one of the black xelderx one on there now. Forgot to take a couple the other day.

This is the one like I have, only it is black instead of silver................(not my pic)

attachment.php

The sharkfin only sticks up as high as where the silver one in the pic gets smaller so it wouldn't be bothered by anything I put on the racks (when they are ever on the car)

Last edited:
Still on the fence with shark fin vs. xelderx billet shorty.................some pics of the sharkfin posed up in place................

shrkfin_01s.jpg

shrkfin_02s.jpg

shrkfin_03s.jpg

shrkfin_04s.jpg

shrkfin_05s.jpg

shrkfin_06s.jpg

Probably gonna go ahead and stick it on and see how long I can deal with it. Just waiting on some thicker double sided tape..............

@ Izimo
What is the verdict?

I already had this airbox from a previous car I've owned. When I did the AWR header it felt like it was missing a little 'oompf', so I tried the BMC, I just love the sound this airbox produces and it feels like it breathes a little better. I will post a picture tomorrow =)

I already had this airbox from a previous car I've owned. When I did the AWR header it felt like it was missing a little 'oompf', so I tried the BMC, I just love the sound this airbox produces and it feels like it breathes a little better. I will post a picture tomorrow =)

ycahd2oyjcrjl.jpg

Also fitted the Mazda 2 HVAC upgrade, I had to grind the collar down on the right and the left one. Center fitted without grinding.

c4n2sk5glr2eb.jpg

Not reallllllly feelin the sharkfin antenna so much. Probably just gonna stay with the xelderx stubby billet.............

stubby_ant.jpg

Also fitted the Mazda 2 HVAC upgrade, I had to grind the collar down on the right and the left one. Center fitted without grinding.

c4n2sk5glr2eb.jpg

That's sick! I've seen ppl use just the knobs, but then they over up the numbers/icons. How'd you do the upgrade? Does the whole unit just swap out?

I have a small one of a Peugeot.
Yeah, I also have a black one like that or even a tad shorter but the reception kinda sucked and I liked the different lines of the xelderx one vs the shorter one or the s2000 one. I put the S2000 on while messing with this and it seemed way tall, lol.

That's sick! I've seen ppl use just the knobs, but then they over up the numbers/icons. How'd you do the upgrade? Does the whole unit just swap out?

You just pull the old knobs of en slide the new ones on, no need for taking it apart. Only thing I had to do is grind the collar of the right and the left one of, because the connections where deeper.

You just pull the old knobs of en slide the new ones on, no need for taking it apart. Only thing I had to do is grind the collar of the right and the left one of, because the connections where deeper.

It's different though. Most of the P5's I've seen, including mine, have a different number/icon setup

Back