CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
CorkSport.com is MAZDA PERFORMANCE!
Page 3762 of 3762 FirstFirst ... 27623262366237123752376037613762
Results 56,416 to 56,424 of 56424

Thread: What have you done to your P5 today?

Registered Member

Mazda Protege5

Installed a "spicy" flashed ecu. I'll need to empty out the tank so I can see if 91 does make a big difference
    2002 Mazda Protege5 Pure White

MP3 Flashed ECU | MS Door Sills & Shift Knob | OBX Short Shifter with CorkSport Bushings | Goodridge SS Brake Lines | CorkSport 3rd Link Mod | MPV Wiper Stalk & Tribute Nozzles | S2K Antenna | Cabin Air Filter Mod | Rear Bumper Guard | 205/55R16 Kumho Ecsta 4XII on 03 P5 Wheels

Haven't gotten to the more serious mods. It's been mainly about maintenance work.

Registered Member

02 protege5 ES 5dr

Quote Originally Posted by stormkyori View Post
    Installed a "spicy" flashed ecu. I'll need to empty out the tank so I can see if 91 does make a big difference
    Nice, been sitting on doing mine did you change your intake as well ? Or did you just do a vtcs delete ?

Looking for John Connor Breeegz's Avatar
    Donated: $10

2003 Protege 5 -- 2016 Ford Expedition

In the last week:

New LED Tails
    New LED High Beams
    New LED Reverse lights
    New LED Dome Light
    New LED Front Blinkers (because I bought the wrong flavor, I meant to buy the rear ones)
    New LED License Plate Lights (the only thing actually burnt out, but I accidently bought all the rest on Amazon)
    Now you see me, now you don't. I'm a Ninja.
    My Cardomain page My Alaska Picture Thread My Zombie Protege5 Project

Registered Member

Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by horseflesh View Post
    Nice, been sitting on doing mine did you change your intake as well ? Or did you just do a vtcs delete ?
    No I didn't touch the intake. I have a work trip coming up so I'm hesitant to change anything drastic. I was thinking of vtcs delete though.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by Breeegz View Post
    In the last week:

New LED Dome Light
    Been wantting to do this as the dome light is pretty dim. What bulb did you end up using?
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

2002 Mazda Protege5

No I didn't touch the intake. I have a work trip coming up so I'm hesitant to change anything drastic. I was thinking of vtcs delete though.
    Do tell how the car runs with the VTCS still in.

I'm contemplating leaving in my VTCS while putting in the MP3 ECU since I wanna see how it runs...
    2002 Mazda Protege5
    ■ Sunburst Yellow ■ Black Rear Valence ■ Goldstar Grille Intake Mod ■ Racing Beat Catback Exhaust
    ■ Moog Front Endlinks ■ Megan Racing Rear Strut Tower Bar ■ Racing Beat Rear Sway Bar

Been wantting to do this as the dome light is pretty dim. What bulb did you end up using?
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

the T10's fit for the License Plate light, I hate when those burn out since it usually takes a Police Officer to politely remind me that I need to replace bulbs.

The 921's are for the reverse lights, significantly brighter than my original equipment bulbs (I haven't changed these since I bought my car new in 2003.

The Dome light is a much brighter bulb than my old one. Nice 6000k color, and a pretty beefy heatsink on the back side of it.

This is the same brand of LED highbeams that I used. They shine onto the reflector in nearly the same position as the stock halogens so your throw pattern is similar to stock. I like that the color temperature matches the color of my HID's in the low beams.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Registered Member

Mazda Protege5

Quote Originally Posted by Riot_Polizei View Post
    Do tell how the car runs with the VTCS still in.

I'm contemplating leaving in my VTCS while putting in the MP3 ECU since I wanna see how it runs...
    Still using up the tank from last week but I can feel it's more steady. I'll have more data when I fill up with 91

Buffed and polished my headlights using a 3M kit. Looks almost brand new. This was before the clearcoat.

Page 3762 of 3762 FirstFirst ... 27623262366237123752376037613762