What have you done to your P5 today?

Hot damn I still love driving this car!

Me too! However this will likely be my last year daily driving it. Driveway is steep-ish with no run up at my new house and last week I got stuck trying to get out of my icy driveway. My wife's v6 rav4 went up like nothing was there on all season tires, but my p5 with new snow tires made it halfway, then gave up.

v79G8Fk.jpg

Me too! However this will likely be my last year daily driving it. Driveway is steep-ish with no run up at my new house and last week I got stuck trying to get out of my icy driveway. My wife's v6 rav4 went up like nothing was there on all season tires, but my p5 with new snow tires made it halfway, then gave up.

Hmmmm, seems like a good excuse to add a snail under the hood. ;)

Hmmmm, seems like a good excuse to add a snail under the hood. ;)

or 4 snails? there's a cringy video of some YouTube channel putting 4 turbos on a Protege DX Sedan.. When I get home I can post the link. It's hella derpy.

Im finishing up my floorpans, it's not that bad you just need a weekend and a bunch of wire wheels and paint and it'll be good as new
4ed94b6a366a23cbd939d71e47d8e185.jpg
177d2cdf79c7e0628e5a5b1a21dd82a8.jpg
230f4b8f38774d903b1c44b563e66f4e.jpg
613bd641d315578c08f22e8094737c52.jpg

Well Friday the studs on my pre-cat snapped and my J-pipe was rattling. So I ordered a header, didn*t come in til yesterday. Had the whole weekend of not being able to drive my car, so I put in a new parking brake cable and adjusted my calipers so my parking brake works. I also took apart my center counsel and shortened my shifter leaver 1-1/2 inches and when my header came in I installed it but the egr outlett was a little off managed to bend it just enough to thread the bolt on and today I will be welding my header to the rest of my exhaust. It*s been a fun weekend cannot wait to be able to drive my protege after almost four days.

Just did ran some errands and realized ole yeller is almost at the 200k mark, woohoo it still runs [emoji23]
Ha, I call mine the same thing, although it's getting to be more and more brown than yellow. If I can make it 200k without having to scrap or Flinstone the car I'll be a happy camper. Only 40,000 miles to go!

Ha, I call mine the same thing, although it's getting to be more and more brown than yellow. If I can make it 200k without having to scrap or Flinstone the car I'll be a happy camper. Only 40,000 miles to go!

You can make it! Im at 243k right now and really hoping for 250k, but it really only gets local driving :(

Was running touge earlier today with some local car people, and the two quickest cars in the corners were an NA Miata and my P5, which the Miata couldn*t really pull away from even in the hairpins. Given that I have no additional chassis bracing, old suspension bushings, and old swaybar endlinks, I*m really impressed that I could grip almost as well as the NA in front of the pack.

Was running touge earlier today with some local car people, and the two quickest cars in the corners were an NA Miata and my P5, which the Miata couldn*t really pull away from even in the hairpins. Given that I have no additional chassis bracing, old suspension bushings, and old swaybar endlinks, I*m really impressed that I could grip almost as well as the NA in front of the pack.
Sanctioned, or street race? That must've been loads of fun!

Did the car ever lose grip or plow?

Back