What have you done to your P5 today?

Left her in the garage and took a car that actually had some gas in it to work...

Rdshark1 said:
Left her in the garage and took a car that actually had some gas in it to work...

sounds opposite of me.....i took the P5 and the light came on while i was driving to work and i knew the jetta had a ful tank?

so i had to fill her up..........318 miles on 11.7 gallons : 27.18 MPG....not bad!

was the 120 mile trip to meet mark and chris for beer wed night that increased my milage!

-R

Protege52003 said:
sounds opposite of me.....i took the P5 and the light came on while i was driving to work and i knew the jetta had a ful tank?

so i had to fill her up..........318 miles on 11.7 gallons : 27.18 MPG....not bad!

was the 120 mile trip to meet mark and chris for beer wed night that increased my milage!

-R

Well, I'm just that lazy...plus I hadn't gotten the Miata out in a week or so and the last person to drive it actually filled the tank for me (thumb)

must be nice, I could barely get 23 mpg with snow tires and a ski rack on the car!!

Last edited:
Last night I got plates to put on her (been 2 weeks!). Also installed the WeatherTech floor mats - they will be fantastic.

Now, I'm stuck trying to find two stainless steel bolts/screws to attach the rear license plate. The ones I got from my local hardware store stop with 1/8" to go. :(

Any suggestions on where to find the right bolts/screws?

So far this midday/afternoon I installed another strut. Now if only I could remember how to tighten the nut on the top of the strut without the rod of the strut spinning with it. I tried holding onto the keyed washer but I couldn't hold it tightly enough.

Got an '03 MPS tip welded onto the RB Cat Back installed this weekend! She's lookin hawt again!

zverg said:
Is the 03 MSP tip round or oval?
03's round. The guy I got the RB from had the oval tip, but a member here in GA had the axleback portion of his 03MPS layin around (when he got his exhaust done, they had to cannibalize 1 of the hangars from it to put on his new setup) and just gave it to me, so I used the tip from that.

zerorossi said:
must be nice, I could barley get 23 mpg with snow tires and a ski rack on the car!!

thats not that good......back road driving, how fast? are your snow tires smaller than stock which will make your milage seem lower than it actually is?

-R

I drive fast, all of the time, so that doesn't help either, but the big old meaty snowtires definately do not assist in fuel economy , plus the ski rack acts like a sail going down the highway.

Protege52003 said:
thats not that good......back road driving, how fast? are your snow tires smaller than stock which will make your milage seem lower than it actually is?

-R

Actually, tires larger than stock will yield worse mileage if you work off the odometer...

the snows are 205/60?/15's or something...

but i think that it is the tread that was hurting the mileage because the OD stayed the same (or very close to the same)

so, I they shook something loose when they were cutting the pipe, so I had an exhaust leak and rattle @ the axleback "juncture." I hate mineke so much, if only they weren't so damn convinient. Anyway, harbor freight roxxorz my soxxors. I had to go get a deep well socket set, and some threadlock so I could fix the problem.

The exhaust should be sorted now, but I dunno why the studs are missing so many threads on the top half (on the flange side, not the "open" side). I just slapped some blue threadlock on there, stacked up some washers and tightened it down, so threads or not it should be in good shape lol. I haven't touched it since I bolted everything up to give the threadlock time to...er...lock, so we'll see how it goes.

finally got my exhaust problems fixed...put new muffler in (megan) sorry car is a little dirty...

Attachments

• IMG_0356.JPG
    IMG_0356.JPG
    41.9 KB · Views: 321
  • IMG_0354.JPG
    IMG_0354.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_0355.JPG
    IMG_0355.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 320
well, i didn't like the way my hard pipe came out of the turbo and went off and up to the right(the top raidiator hose was in the way...kinda hard to see it) so i came up with this redo using the stock flex pipe off the stock intake...i like it better...before and after pics below..sorry the engine bay is a bit dirty! oh, and i "K&N'd" the filter...nice and clean again!

Attachments

• old air intake.JPG
    old air intake.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 317
  • intake 003.jpg
    intake 003.jpg
    523.2 KB · Views: 310
  • intake 004.jpg
    intake 004.jpg
    480.1 KB · Views: 315
  • intake 001.jpg
    intake 001.jpg
    446.8 KB · Views: 299
  • intake 002.jpg
    intake 002.jpg
    415 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:
I bought a jack.

It's rated for 3 Tonns
Its Lowest is 4"
Its Highest is 22"

It's four pumps to get the P5 to 20"

The ass was so high that the front started to touch the ground.

BTW: When it was up there, I used a degreaser and cleaned the entire rear suspension, wells, and 21mm with links. Cleaned the inside of the rims, removed and reset the rear pads and then Lubed the endlinks.

now i'm working on my custom, well kinda....NACA carbon fiber hood duct...this baby will be going in the stock hood right over the air filter...like DG motorsports hood...only this won;t cost me 1K...i'm thinkin of putting a reverse cowl in the middle of the hood also, small one...let some heat out..not sure...i'm drawing it up...? i was also thinking of painting the middle section of the hood and mint blue grille black...?

Attachments

• duct.jpg
    duct.jpg
    3.8 KB · Views: 319
Back