What have you done to your P5 today?

Cool. But does moving the coils off the top of the motor have any benefit? I'll have a guess an say it's to do with heat.
But then that picture shows the 1.8 coils mounted on top of extractors, which would be far more hotter than any valve cover/cylinder head.
Except for the header being ceramic coated and more of the heat goes out the end of it than up into the engine bay. They also have air moving over them when car is moving more than being buried in the vc.........They can also be mounted elsewhere in the bay.

out of curiosity, has any installed an oil catch can on a non turbo'd p5/protege and actually accumulate oil?

out of curiosity, has any installed an oil catch can on a non turbo'd p5/protege and actually accumulate oil?
Mine does....got an OBX catch can and it accumulates very slowly from vapors. I do have it relocated behind driver side strut tower at back of bay because it was just too cramped trying to have it and the overflow in same area after adding the 505zoom intake. It has longer lines running to it now. Usually just has a small bit in it after 6, 8 or 10 months maybe a year. Car is driven just enough to keep it alive or special occasion tho. Not the dd any more.

You can see it in this crappy cell pic from hoodlight install - look behind strut tower - the glimmer right behind where the silver part of the stb ends...........

323F_hoodlight_02.JPG

Mine does....got an OBX catch can and it accumulates very slowly from vapors. I do have it relocated behind driver side strut tower at back of bay because it was just too cramped trying to have it and the overflow in same area after adding the 505zoom intake. It has longer lines running to it now. Usually just has a small bit in it after 6, 8 or 10 months maybe a year. Car is driven just enough to keep it alive or special occasion tho. Not the dd any more.

You can see it in this crappy cell pic from hoodlight install - look behind strut tower - the glimmer right behind where the silver part of the stb ends...........

neat, thanks for that bit of info.

Corona got a new shift knob!

now all you're missing is a straw!

I had my moonroof tinted (no more burning my shaved head) and installed my shark fin antenna!!! :D

My new wheels will be here next week! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Been waiting months for them to arrive from Japan via my importer

I had my moonroof tinted (no more burning my shaved head) and installed my shark fin antenna!!! :D

My new wheels will be here next week! eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Been waiting months for them to arrive from Japan via my importer

I've been wondering when your Advans were gonna make it state side. Post tons of pics when they do.

Since my son is driving it and he graduated yesterday, I got a little creative with some glass paint.

Last edited:
since it was requested, here is the shark fin antenna...

19145889_10212029167956220_618608601899893406_n.jpg

aaaaaaaaaand i finally got rid of the tint on the rear window that was all bubbled up and disgusting. i used a steamer and scraper with plastic blades to get the tint off. removed it in one piece. took about 45 min. rear defroster still works ;) gonna have it retinted at work this week. currently sanding down the hood and roof so i can wrap them matte black to cover up all the rock/salt chips and bad clear coat (car was from back east so i have little rust spots where the rock/salt chips are on the hood). will post pics when its all done.

19225416_10212029167516209_8711864139014740857_n.jpg

The shark fin doesn't look half bad

I need to remove the tint on my rear window too, there's a nice long line of tint that bubbled up. Actually I need to redo all my tint, and get rid of the tint on my windshield

Got my Mazda2 hvac knobs this week, installed this morning. Kinda conflicted on the look, I like the knobs themselves, but they cover up all the settings, which I'm not a big fan of. Also had to grind down the collar on all 3 knobs to get them to fit far enough in for a solid connection. I'll leave them on for a while, see if I get used to them.

Got my Mazda2 hvac knobs this week, installed this morning. Kinda conflicted on the look, I like the knobs themselves, but they cover up all the settings, which I'm not a big fan of. Also had to grind down the collar on all 3 knobs to get them to fit far enough in for a solid connection. I'll leave them on for a while, see if I get used to them.

I did the same mod. Lasted about a week and I put the OEM knobs back on.
The eBay knobs don't look as good as everyone says they do. They cover up half of the dial indicators, and looks out of place. And chrome! Yuk! Hate chrome. (pukey)

You don't have to prime or paint before wrapping?

nope... surface just has to be clean and smooth. im planning on having the car painted eventually and if you use aerosol based paint, it ALL has to be sanded off and removed as it wont mix with 2 part paint that paint shops use which causes massive headaches!

Back