What have you done to your P5 today?

In the last week:

New LED Tails
New LED High Beams
New LED Reverse lights
New LED Dome Light
New LED Front Blinkers (because I bought the wrong flavor, I meant to buy the rear ones)
New LED License Plate Lights (the only thing actually burnt out, but I accidently bought all the rest on Amazon)

No I didn't touch the intake. I have a work trip coming up so I'm hesitant to change anything drastic. I was thinking of vtcs delete though.

Do tell how the car runs with the VTCS still in.

I'm contemplating leaving in my VTCS while putting in the MP3 ECU since I wanna see how it runs...

Been wantting to do this as the dome light is pretty dim. What bulb did you end up using?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

the T10's fit for the License Plate light, I hate when those burn out since it usually takes a Police Officer to politely remind me that I need to replace bulbs.

The 921's are for the reverse lights, significantly brighter than my original equipment bulbs (I haven't changed these since I bought my car new in 2003.

The Dome light is a much brighter bulb than my old one. Nice 6000k color, and a pretty beefy heatsink on the back side of it.

This is the same brand of LED highbeams that I used. They shine onto the reflector in nearly the same position as the stock halogens so your throw pattern is similar to stock. I like that the color temperature matches the color of my HID's in the low beams.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Buffed and polished my headlights using a 3M kit. Looks almost brand new. This was before the clearcoat.

srk8SrU.jpg

Swapped out the wide wedge arm on the Gentex 341 with the proper narrow wedge arm that fits our cars correctly without rigging it with shims and it still vibrating around some. Was easy swap and now no worries about it falling off the windshield while driving. Love the auto dim/temp/compass/homelink/map light mirror with amber lighting. The Donnelly compass/temp was OK but having homelink and the lighting in amber much better. Have same mirror in my Tacoma reg cab since no overhead console in reg cabs to hide garage door opener in.

didn't see that one coming. Why did you sell it?

as soon as i got the mp3 up and running, i was neglecting the p5. It was just sitting there doing nothing. All in all i had 4 vehicles at my house, 01 silverado-01 tahoe-mp3 and the p5.
I had a buyer for it since last year but couldn't let her go, and this year i just decided to let her free. Sold it to a family member, but i did take off a lot of parts and put the stock stuff on. Only thing i couldnt get was the jdm tails, didnt have the stock ones.

Bought a mishimoto rad/shroud from a fellow user on here but not sure how to install the driver side fan as the stock has the connector on it but the new one only has the wires sticking out

Can I ask which 3M kit you went with? And how is it holding up? I need to do this as well.

I'm on vacation with no computer, and if you PM me next week I'll look up my Amazon link when I get home, otherwise it cost around $23, and looks fantastic. Still looks great a couple weeks after.

Back