Will Aftermarket turbo fit stock Manifold Flange?

benben84

:
2003 Black Mica MSP, 2007 CWP CX-7, 2004 JBP WRX
I was just wondering, I already have a manifold and turboback exhaust so I dont want to part with them. Does any aftermarket turbo fit the manifold I have? I will getting a built block and was just wondering if I would evenually be able to upgrade turbo without buying a whole kit. Also, if I upgrade the turbo what else will I need besides engine management?

Any of the Garrett gt turbos will fit stock mani/spipe, and you would need bigger injectors or extra ones.

hukster00 said:
Any of the Garrett gt turbos will fit stock mani/spipe, and you would need bigger injectors or extra ones.

that is not true, the GT30 and bigger will not fit for sure it uses a different flange, nobody has tried the GT2871R that I know of, the flange will fit but there may not be enough room for the turbot to physically fit

you can get GT30 with T25 style inlet flage, and i dont think he be going any bigger then the gt28rs[font=Arial,Helvetica][/font]

actually yes you can get the GT3071R-WG in a T25 but the 28RS barely fits so I highly doubt that this will fit. The GT30, 3037, 3040,3071,40, 42 etc will not fit though so saying all GT series turbos will fit is not true as I said

Back