umnitza filter change over

tsunami

Contributor
:
mazda3 5 door
anyone with the umnitza change their filters to another brand? such as an apexi, as i am looking into it and was wondering what anyone else has found. i have noticed my engine making more noise as of late and think it could be that filter, as i never thought it looked all that filter worthy, and after reading all the filter arguments that were done in another forum. i was just curious as to the flange size that the filter is clamped to. and if anyone else has done this. i have the 1 version btw...

cool, what type of filter is that you put on there? and it looks like you had to make a new flange as well right??? isnt' the umnitza one quite large iirc???

No i also have the V1. I just purchased a K&N and clamped it onto the actual inlet of the intake rather then the whole plastic that the original filter attaches to. I took the plastic peice off.

ah i see... thought it looked different... what size flange was the k&n you used to put in there or better yet the p/n for the filter you bought would be great...

Back