Is there suppose to be a front license plate bracket?

:
2006 Mazda5 Touring
Just wondering since I yet to see another 5 on the road to compare and that every other car I have purchased in California had something special for attaching the plates.

My dealer screwed their dealer ad tag directly into the front bumper, no bracket, no inserts, just directly into the thin unreinforced bumper material.

I did the same when installing my front license plate. I also noticed that I could probably back the screws out with my fingers if I tried because the bumper material is so thin, maybe 2-3 threads engagement before the screw popped thru the other side. Was the dealer suppose to provide something more for "securely" installing the front plates?

There is a bracket available they should have given you. I bought mine in Michigan where they dont have front plates so I ended up doing the same as you, but they should be able to order you one for free.

Skylab said:
I told the salesperson who took my order NOT to drill holes in the front bumper! (direct)
I would have done the same but I took mine from dealer stock and they already had a dealer nametag plate on the front, those bastards!

I took the dealer's plate frame and the dealer emblem off the back the day I got mine home. When I took it in for the recall, the service manager did a walkaround of my car and then asked me if I had bought the car from that particular dealership. I'm assuming he asked because there are no dealership markings of any kind on my car. (upyours)

I saw an unmolested '5 in the dealer's lot. There was a mounting bracket sitting in the storage tray behind the 3rd row seats - above the spare tire - that looked like it had been placed there when the vehicle left the factory. I assume it would travel to all markets like this, no? Check in the back. If it's not there, the dealer should get one for you. Screwing right into the bumper cover?? Not cool!

Mine's bolted on the plastic bumper too... (bang)

I am getting madder by the minute!!! (pissed)

I guess there is an advantage to living in michigan...but we can't tint our front windows, unfortunately I learned the hard way.

Front license plate bracket

Hi all, I recently purchased my 2009 Mazda 6 and there was no front license plate bracket that came with it! I need one for the state of Iowa and was wondering if anyone knew where I can find one. I've searched and searched online, does anyone have a link to a page where I can order one. Thanks!

I'm in PA, no front plates here; if a bracket came w/ it, I never saw it. dealer must have a big pile of them.
FWIW, when I used to sell cars, we'd do dealer trades sometimes w/ dealers in NJ (front plate state). a few times, it killed the deal because PA drivers didn't want the bracket or some cheesy dealer billboard tacked on the front! but we couldn't remove the bracket because it would look even worse.
CORRECTION! I found the bracket! it was in the trunk by the jack, still in the bag. it comes w/ rivets.
still glad I don't have to have it on my car.

Last edited:
Back