Toyota's 5.0 liter V-10 engine

mikeyb

Contributor
:
01 BMW 325xi Touring
es3gao.jpg

es3gbc.jpg

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="90%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD></TD></TR><TR><TD class=quote>

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/a...%3DAT

Last edited:
mmmmm... i wonder what it sounds like! i saw an episode of RIdes on tlc where they documented the building of the new shelby cobra and they had a test mule with the v10 from that car in a mustang and damn did it sound good and i hate ford...

What's the deal with individual throttle bodies? I've seen them before but don't really understand how it all works. Where does the fuel get injected, what's the air filter setup like, are there 10 different throttle cables or is it all electronic, etc...?

jonlong said:
What's the deal with individual throttle bodies? I've seen them before but don't really understand how it all works. Where does the fuel get injected, what's the air filter setup like, are there 10 different throttle cables or is it all electronic, etc...?
This particular motor looks to have no TB linkage.

Normally they are either cable or servo operated. If they are cable, they are joined together.

On this car, there are no filters, just velocity stacks. Fuel is injected just like a normal FI car, right before the intake ports (unless it is GDI-but that is whole 'nother story)
product_s2000_throttlebodie.jpg
This picture should help. See the linkage and fuel rail? (this is for an S2K...droool)

Others, like an R34 GT-R or E46 M3 have ITB's run into an airbox, like this...click me--carbon fiber goodness!

Hope this helps!

A lot of set-ups do it like BradC showed. F1 cars inject the fuel above the velocity stacks.

Mallard said:
A lot of set-ups do it like BradC showed. F1 cars inject the fuel above the velocity stacks.
True, but I went for the least common denominator!

Back