Cool Wankel

That's awesome... I'd love to have one of those.

*I hate when they are referred to as "wankels". :shakes-head:

Half of the parts used to make the thing are straight from a nitro r/c car engine..

Those things've been around forever in the RC world. Kinda quirky and tempermental, but still way cool. I'm actually attempting to find some blueprints to possibly make something similar as a final project next year in my machinist Training. How cool woult it be to have an R/C RX7 with a REAL rotory?

Poseur said:
Those things've been around forever in the RC world. Kinda quirky and tempermental, but still way cool. I'm actually attempting to find some blueprints to possibly make something similar as a final project next year in my machinist Training. How cool woult it be to have an R/C RX7 with a REAL rotory?

I honestly could not think of a cooler RC.

that would be sweet to make, and i dont know if they make a turbo that small, but they do make a Supercharger u can put on rc nitro motor that u could adapt to it, it will run off the crank shaft..

How well do wankels (OK, OK, Rotaries) respond to boost? Just curious...

aMaff said:
How well do wankels (OK, OK, Rotaries) respond to boost? Just curious...

In what regard? Mazda has been using turbocharged rotary engines since mid-80's.

Yeah, I just realized that, lol, sorry for the noob question lol.

I'd love it if OS came out with one of these for a .90 sized RC Helicopters! Vibration is a b**** in helicopters.

I own 2 of these OS Wankel engines, they're so tiny! I've never started them, I wanted them for a custom project but haven't got around to do it

neit_jnf said:
I own 2 of these OS Wankel engines, they're so tiny! I've never started them, I wanted them for a custom project but haven't got around to do it

sweet, where would u go buy one of these at?

Back