Bobs Discount Furniture

1sty

Contributor
:
2006 Toyota Tundra DC
Has anyone bought anything from this store?
I was wondering how the quality and durability was.

I am in need of a bed room set and they sell the whole damn set for the price of most places bed frames.

I purchased a bunk bed setup for my kids. They don't treat it kindly(jumpin on it all the time, wrestling, etc.) it has held up well. The price was right, the quality is good, and the delivery/assembly was fast and smooth. I give Bob's a thumb's up.

ok i just asked the gf since there are more bobs by her area or ct. besides having cheesy comercials lmao she told me her fam has gotten a couch from them and was dissapointed in the end. she told me the quality of the couch isnt that great. i quote her in saying "like its ok but it does not last very long" she also told me that at first the couch was plushy but after a few months that went away. i hope this helps in anyway just another persons 2 cents.

Haven't used them yet, but we have had really good service and quality at Jordans.

we have a leather chair from there with ottoman, i can't say it sees much abuse but we've had it for a while and still looks good and feels good

you get what you pay for.......furniture is expensive up here in the north east!

just bought some new couches for my new place and they were expensive, but will last long.

my gf was looking at a bedroom set through them and found out that it doesn't include the mattras or bed frame, and they make you pay for delivery, and after looking around there, the more expensive stuff isn't bad, but most of the stuff was junk, and i would deff steer clear of buying a bed from them... seriuosly i have never seen such s*** for such a high price... search around we had some great success at a local place that carried serta.... she got a great bed!! and a nice bedroom set only for a few hundred more then what it would have cost at bobs... plus free delivery and take away service....

tsunami said:
plus free delivery and take away service....

Quoting Bob's Discount Furniture Commerical: "There's no such thing as FREE delivery. It's built into the price."

craig, my friends have bought there and have good luck...it's not top of the line, but you don;t pay that either....jordons isn't cheap, boston interiors is real nice stuff not overly priced, but higher than bob's....

RacerChick said:
Quoting Bob's Discount Furniture Commerical: "There's no such thing as FREE delivery. It's built into the price."

if it was, it was way less then bob's price of 100+ she got a nice real wood bedroom set (head board, big bureau with mirror , armoir, and night stand with drawers) for 1100 and a queen serta mattress (uber nice!!!) for 949. so just over 2g for a full set.... trust me that much money at bobs would have bought some plywood vaneered junk and i already established teh mattresses were junk... was like hay and burlap in a nice package..... sorry do i sound bitter??? hehe... just those damn commercials are so annoying!!!

my couch is from there. like someone else said the cushion has gone down a little with time and i have a feeling it is going to wear quicker than a more expensive couch would but I like it a lot and everyone who comes over seems to like it too. I gotta imagine a bedroom set would be fine since theres no cushioning to wear out and its not liek it sees a lot of wear and tear like a couch.

Ok so I finaly went furniture shopping.
I was looking for a bedroom set and a matress. I stopped by Jordans, Bobs and B&P's.

Bobs: The matresses were alright but nothing that I though was worth the price. All of the bedroom furniture was inexpensivley built but I would not call it cheap. I say this because even though the materials were inexpensive, it held together as well as alot of other real wood furniture in other stores. This is specificly in regards to the draws. Most of the drawers slid on plastic blocks, which sucked, or on a single groove rail underneith the draw tha i found in most of jordans and B&P stuff aswell. Most everything was vaniered pressboard, ofcoarse somethings worked better then others.

I came across a bedroom set that was very inexpensive, Omega $888 total, that included the mirror, chest, head board shelfs, and 2 night stands. It had pressboard draws of coarse. I liked that the draws were on rolling tracks instead of just a wood to wood sliding system. I put alot of pressure on them and they barely flexed at all. Obviously this set isn't going to last for decades but i don't even need it to last for one. Its going to be my main set while in my town house and once I move next year or so, I will be getting something more permanent for the house and moving this to the spare room.

Jordans: Jordans was the second stop and is where I found the matress I am buying tomarrow. I tested out them all and sure enough the one the salesmen suggested from the start from me answering some questions, is what we ended up with. It is a Simmons Back Care, Meadow Brook. My Fiance and I liked it better then any other mattress in the store. We did later find its Mattress Discounters version for $150 less so I will likely get it there after giving Jordans the chance to match. Although it felt slightly different then the Jordans Version.

Jordans furniture was the best constructed furniture I found. Much of it was glued and nailed but I found some tounge and grove draw construction aswell. No press board ofcoarse. Unfortunitly, everything that I somewhat liked was near Bobs entire sets price for just the friggen bed. Most sets were well past $2000 for just a bed and dresser, if not over $2500. Thats just a finacial impossibilty.

Bernie and Phyls was somewhere in between. They carried name brand mattresses but I did not care for any of them. Their furniture was certainly much better materials then Bobs but felt the same strangly. Desks and such flexed the same and the draws were equaly hard to move. Overall there furniture looked like it would be better placed in a lake side cabin and not a house. This is in regards to their style not build quality.

I still have to check the Furniture would that just opened in Manchester NH.
I did not like anything that I saw at B&P's matress wise or bed set wise.

What store was this?
tsunami said:
if it was, it was way less then bob's price of 100+ she got a nice real wood bedroom set (head board, big bureau with mirror , armoir, and night stand with drawers) for 1100 and a queen serta mattress (uber nice!!!) for 949. so just over 2g for a full set.... trust me that much money at bobs would have bought some plywood vaneered junk and i already established teh mattresses were junk... was like hay and burlap in a nice package..... sorry do i sound bitter??? hehe... just those damn commercials are so annoying!!!

slug420 said:
my couch is from there. like someone else said the cushion has gone down a little with time and i have a feeling it is going to wear quicker than a more expensive couch would but I like it a lot and everyone who comes over seems to like it too. I gotta imagine a bedroom set would be fine since theres no cushioning to wear out and its not liek it sees a lot of wear and tear like a couch.

"bedroom set would be fine since theres no cushioning to wear out " (uhm)

by bedroom set I mean the bed (minus mattresses) and dresser and whatever else. On a couch there is leather that if cheap because it was bought at Bobs could wear poorly over time and cushioning that seems to lose its size after a while of use (like a year or two or three) but with the bedroom set its all wood. Nice construction is a plus but in reality as long as the dresser is strong enoguh to hold your clothes and the bed strong enough to hold the baby makin it is largely cosmetic.

From normal use a bed and dresser dont really wear out at all since there is no cushioning or fabric. If you are moving a TV around your room or something or moving the furniture into your house and you smash a post who knows, maybe the lesser quality of Bobs means it falls off but the alternative is a $2500 bed that has a big gash in it. Better quality but its still not invincible to whatever situation you imagine the Bobs bed failing you in.

1sty said:
What store was this?

it was a local store he has like 3-4 stores in maine and nh... nice guy (i went to school with the owners son....no i didn't get a discount) the only part that sucked was they don' thave a big inventory so we got the mattress right away but had to wait 3-4 weeks for the furniture... i will look it up tonight and give you the name... they had a small show room but lots of catologs to pick sets from, and choices galore and they sales men were very knowledgable with build quality and had some peices to show you physicaly what the quality was like in the show room...

My fiance and I went to Bob's a few weeks ago looking for a couch and loveseat for our new condo. We found one that was alright but it only came in 3 colors...green, brown, and beige. We wanted blue...and they simply didn't have anything. Jordan's furniture had some great couches but the prices were pretty high. So we went to Bernie & Phyl's and found exactly what we were looking for at half the price of Jordan's. They had tons of color options. It ended up costing us $1200 for the couch and gliding loveseat.

I spent like 1500 on a new couch and loveseat (lane with recliners) from O'Coins in Worcester.......they look nice in the new place!

Back