Self install of mp3 unit?

chapterthree

:
Mazda 6
Hello All,

I'm thinking about purchasing the mp3 upgrade unit for my Mazda 6. I'm wondering if it is possible to install this unit myself, or is this something that has to be done by the dealer? Also what all is involved with the mp3 unit? Is it just a swap of the cd drive, or is it more involved?

Thanks

it is possible to do it yourself, its just a bit of a hassle. I put SIRIUS in mine and it is a hardwired system. Getting the headunit out is a bit tricky, and if you're not careful, the system boards on them like to crack in half. mazda irritated me with the 6 dash design. In order to swapp out the audio system, it requires a new front panel. you simply can't add or remove components at your leisure. when you get the mp3 player it comes with an entirely new dash.

Now why did Mazda make this a PITA to remove the center console,...that's what I missed about the protege simple pull out with the two pins

chapterthree said:
Hello All,

I'm thinking about purchasing the mp3 upgrade unit for my Mazda 6. I'm wondering if it is possible to install this unit myself, or is this something that has to be done by the dealer? Also what all is involved with the mp3 unit? Is it just a swap of the cd drive, or is it more involved?

Thanks
Its just like swaping out a C.D. player, there is nothing extra about the MP3 player...About the install I dont really know,, usally the newer the car the harder to install,,but im not sure.

Stock radio problem.

(cheers) i have been having problems with my MP3 player when it trys to read the cd or mp3 ,,,sometimes it wont come on i bought the car brand new,,,could it have may be gotten dirty

Back