Exhaust Decision: please help

MoJoeTCM

:
Mazda, MSP Protege
Hello, i have owned the speed for a while and i am adding the finalizing touches....I have been fixing up the exterior for the past month and this next week i plan to install the lip, grille, and rims; then to the paint shop. I apologize for not taking pics, i like to do everything at once so the change is dramatic. I would like to install a turbo back exhaust, if not that, dp back. I have my eyes set on the vibrant and perrin exhaust yet i am having an extremely difficult time choosing one out. I am not about to blow a grand on something and not see any gains. If that is the case i will just buy a catback exhaust system. I dont want it to break later down the road either. I need some advice with the two exhausts, i looked through the super thread but over half the links are dead. Anyway here are my questions:

1. Both are over axle right?

2. I see that Vibrant incorporates a flex pipe in their system, does perrin?'

3. Is perrin's exhaust really that obnoxious? I hear it has no resonator...

4. Which company is better quality?

5. What exhuast benefits the speed by giving it the largest gains?

6. I am looking for a nice deep rumble, something like a wrx or something (that cam sound). Of these two, which one sounds the best? At higher rpms does the noise begin to dissapate instead of sound like a honda.....I really want a clean loud, not the home made tomato can exhaust sound.

Please you guys help, i did some research on both but i now seek personal advice, thanks!

I personally love my vibrant. It definately doesn't sound anything like a honda. I did a dyno before and after. The only thing on the car before the vibrant was a Greddy catback and the only thing after was the vibrant. I gained 9 max hp but the max moved to 6500rpm where I gained about 30hp over the prior setup. I have the dyno posted on the board I will try to find it and post a link.

dammit some dude bought that exhaus for sale on the forums....that was a good price too....well it looks like vibrants is holding ground....no perrin fans though....

He appears to be online now. Just PM him or post in his FS thread. I love bringing people together *tear*

Ben

i jus dont understand the concept.....i just want something i can feel.....the speed building up...so extra torque.... i am in contact with mr fufu now, thanks.....why are people getting rid of this exhaust? some type of defect?

Alot of people are buying new cars and the car sells better stock then modded

It's not like there's a flood of these exhausts on the market. Everybody sells their aftermarket parts for different reasons:
  • need quick cash
  • decided to part it out to sell it
  • tired of modding
  • afraid of blowing up their engine
  • trading up to something bigger/better/faster/more
You get the idea.

Ben

MoJoeTCM said:
i jus dont understand the concept.....i just want something i can feel.....the speed building up...so extra torque.... i am in contact with mr fufu now, thanks.....why are people getting rid of this exhaust? some type of defect?

wait...blowing up their engine....exhaust will do that? The only mods i have so far is the injen....and te only additional mods will be fmic and exhaust....so if this is going to cost a motor forget it...

not to steeer u away but have u considered GHL turboback? mine sounds awesome and their customer service is awesome.

If you don't take care of the motor or go way past redline any motor will blow. Don't worry about the exhaust causing the engine to blow I think he was refering to raising the boost more than anything else.

Back