!!!!! No.2!!! i fricken hate suvs now!!!!

Reffoxel said:
Scratch another P5 down due to an SUV. Just got T-boned by a woman in a BMW SUV about an hour ago. Passenger side door is completely caved in (luckily I didn't have a passenger.)
sorry to hear

Offtopic:

there aren't bad vehicles, just bad owners/drivers

BMW suvs had recall for their brakes.... anyway, my 5's door just got hit by some ******* old truck's door. ****!!! SUVs and trucks are suck(fu)

Last edited:
What do you guys think about the mini SUVs? Cute utes, a la honda crv, toyota rav4, maybe the tribute falls under this too?

My parents actually have a crv, and I used to drive it sometimes. I guess it's totally dependent on the driver, but making an observation from the driving experience, I don't think there should be any reason for a driver to fare any worse in one of those than a regular car. Size-wise, it seems about the same length as the P5, but somewhat wider. Handles like any regular car, though obviously doesn't corner as well as a protege.

Other than in the area of fuel economy, I'd say it's a totally practical and comfortable car, with plenty of passenger room and lots of cargo space as well. I personally would never hesitate to get one myself on the basis of regular road capabilities.

Dude that sucks about your car, that can ruin your freakin' month! Sorry to hear it.

Many SUVs have more brake bias in the rear to reduce dive while braking, since SUV suspensions are generally looser and have more travel than normal cars, and the change in bias makes owners happier, but makes braking worse.

While any vehicle is safe if the driver knows how to drive, I think most people would agree most "other" people (Americans? I feel much safer on the German highways than here!) don't know how to drive, as there is no meaningful test required to ensure they can drive prior to getting your driver's license. And we all know what happens when people get caught driving with no license (nothing). I hate all SUVs. (disclaimer: no not really all, but....) YES ALL SUVS! They suck s***. They block out the sun. One almost drove into the back of me a while back and after the screaching brakes and me moving into the intersection to avoid him, I was lucky. These days I try to keep SUVs in front of me and not behind me if I have the option.

Good luck with your car.

imjustagirl said:
I actually like the Tributes and I typically hate SUV's.. I had a Subaru Tribeca on my ass this morning.. I contemplated brake checking his ass.. b****. :(

as a matter of fact, i don't really like SUV that much, but my job requires me to own one as i have to haul some heavy stuff from time to time, and when i had the protege, the weight ****** the shocks, struts, etc, and the Tribute was he SUV i liked the most and could afford

if it wasn't for that i would have bought a Mazda3 or a Mazda6

Well this is what a BMW X5 did to my car yesterday. I'm really hoping it isn't totalled. I've put way too much time, effort and money into this car.

Last edited:
Oh I guess I should mention this. I would definitely recommend tinted windows even light tint. the front passenger side window was completely knocked out, but it came out in one chunk. There were only about 10 little pieces in the car, did get lightly dusted with some really small particles of glass but nothing that cut me, even when I wiped them off.

wow this thread still going. man that musta sucked hardcore.... heres a notice to all that have been in accident!! know what yours. if they do not total out your car you are intitled deminnished value on your car.. i got 4,500 just from AAA and i still need to go after allstate most likely that will be another 4,500 in deminished value. these are alot easier to get than P.I.P personal injury protection. which is a min of 2500.. this is not to pay current or future medical. this is intitled to you even if you do not any major injuries but its alot harder to get than deminished value

sorry to see your car mangled by an x5. Ifeel everyones pain on this subject matter. i work with them all day long, x5s that is.......bmw owners and drivers are very careless...too busy holding their noses in the air and talking on the cell phone.

Back