tekkie

Contributor
:
Spicy MSP
Carbon Turbo CX5
ok my car keeps throwing the error P0106 which is

P0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) System Performance

(boom07)

ok our car does not have a MAP so thats screwed, is it smart enough to be sensing the emanage one and thats why its throwing the error?

car runs fine but the CEL drives me nuts

any ideas ??

On The MSP perhaps. I have never seen it anywhere and my car has been completely seperated from itself...

Stage%204%20Weight%20Reduction.jpg

I dont know how many times I have seen that picture haha...but in the words of spicymc, get soem new material...haha

Yes we have a map/baro sensor. It is located behind the passengerside strut tower. It has a vacuum line routed to the intake manifold directly above the altenator. It is the one that has a hose connected to itself.

BlkZoomZoom said:
Yes we have a map/baro sensor. It is located behind the passengerside strut tower. It has a vacuum line routed to the intake manifold directly above the altenator. It is the one that has a hose connected to itself.

That is so funny, I removed it three years ago... :p

BlkZoomZoom said:

yeah Azian6er said last night thats what he thought as well, I will have a look at it and see

I took the thing off when I was putting my strut bar on and maybe one of the wires - hoses is loose or something

sure enough your right, one of the connectors that went to it was unplugged :( I guess I forgot to plug it in

thanks for the help guys :D my car should finally be CEL free woooohhooo

I'm having this same code. Checked the MAP/BRO sensor, and I don't have a tube there at all. Must have been lost when I swapped in the new motor. I'm lost to as where it connects to, though. I took a picture of where I think it goes based on what I read.

1st pic - MAP/BRO sensor
2nd pic - nipple on intake manifold

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 4,216
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 2,429
Rogue - it connects basically in the area that you highlighted. put your hand down there around the VICS/VTCS solenoids on the IM, towards the bottom, and you'll feel the nipple sticking out.

Bigg Tim said:
I thought we had a 1 bar map sensor on the car somewhere.

you are correct. the car has one bar mitsubishi map sensor near the strut bar mount on the passenger side.

thanks, i just posted the map/baro but had it spelt wrong. so i am printing it out to show husband.

thank you
patti

I'm having this same code. Checked the MAP/BRO sensor, and I don't have a tube there at all. Must have been lost when I swapped in the new motor. I'm lost to as where it connects to, though. I took a picture of where I think it goes based on what I read.

1st pic - MAP/BRO sensor
2nd pic - nipple on intake manifold

That second pic, that's not where it connects. You need to be under the car to see the nipple underneath the main runners. I noticed that this vacuum line was disconnected. It's tough because whenever you replace the intake you need to tape it to the top so it doesn't get lost underneath. I also noticed that this vacuum line had a cover on it, for either heat or to prevent it from getting cut.

Back