I need some help with vacuum routing

TampaSport20

Potential Scammer!
:
2000 Protege DX
I need someone with a 99-00 to help me out and look in their engine bay

on the passenger side of the engine bay, there is a valve just beside the intake manifold with 3 vacuum connections.....one connection goes straight to the intake manifold, one goes to the fuel pressure regulator, and the third one points straight back to firewall and mine doesnt have anything connected, although you can tell by it's condition something was...i couldnt find any loose hoses, so where does it go ?????

justanotheradikt said:
no, but my neighbor does

edit: well 3 houses down if you wanna get tech.

awesome,please look and let me know

steve-protege is near me, i was hoping to look at his , but it's in the shop

justanotheradikt said:
what about shane...he has a 1.6L....i think

He's nowhere near me.....I'll try and PM him though....If you can still look that would be great though

yea ill look, but it wont be till around 5 or 6...i was just tryin to think of people that you can PM or talk to on the forums to get faster help

TampaSport20 said:
I need someone with a 99-00 to help me out and look in their engine bay

on the passenger side of the engine bay, there is a valve just beside the intake manifold with 3 vacuum connections.....one connection goes straight to the intake manifold, one goes to the fuel pressure regulator, and the third one points straight back to firewall and mine doesnt have anything connected, although you can tell by it's condition something was...i couldnt find any loose hoses, so where does it go ?????

i'll look for you in a few hours, after my last class. I have a 00 1.6L.

ok, i have a 5spd 1.6L. here is a pic. Is this were you are talking about. If so i can tell you were it goes.

Attachments

• 09-30-05_1201.jpg
    09-30-05_1201.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 203
jster28 said:
ok, i have a 5spd 1.6L. here is a pic. Is this were you are talking about. If so i can tell you were it goes.

that's the location I am referring to, but mine doesnt have both of those....I dont have VTCS

shaneMazda2000P said:
i know, i only have one right there

that's the right spot though....

jster the vacuum nipple that points straight back towards the firewall is the empty one...whats it connect to ????

I have VTCS?? What is that? My car is a 2000 dx, why does my have it and your doesnt? It runs under the intake manifold to a black plactic like box under the intake manifold.

jster28 said:
I have VTCS?? What is that? My car is a 2000 dx, why does my have it and your doesnt? It runs under the intake manifold to a black plactic like box under the intake manifold.

VTCS= Variable Tumble Control System it helps lower emissions when the car is warming up.....

Yours is a California model, thus it must meet california emissions standards which are lower than most of the nation

according to the FSM, one box there is the VTCS solonoid, and the other is the PRC solonoid....

ask the 2.0L guys about VTCS..it sucks ass

It only came on California models of 1.6L's....because even without it the 1.6L was already a ULEV(ultra low emissions vehicle)

So the solonoid you have there that is connected to the intake manifold and fuel regulator, where's the 3rd line go ???

TampaSport20 said:
VTCS= Variable Tumble Control System it helps lower emissions when the car is warming up.....

Yours is a California model, thus it must meet california emissions standards which are lower than most of the nation

according to the FSM, one box there is the VTCS solonoid, and the other is the PRC solonoid....

ask the 2.0L guys about VTCS..it sucks ass

It only came on California models of 1.6L's....because even without it the 1.6L was already a ULEV(ultra low emissions vehicle)

So the solonoid you have there that is connected to the intake manifold and fuel regulator, where's the 3rd line go ???

Yeah, stupid cali emissions.
One goes to the fuel reg, one intake, the third goes under the manifold. Let me check it again and get a better look. Be back in a few minutes.

jster28 said:
Yeah, stupid cali emissions.
One goes to the fuel reg, one intake, the third goes under the manifold. Let me check it again and get a better look. Be back in a few minutes.

Cool, cool....please find out....this bouncing idle is pissing me off bad!!!!! It's the nipple that points straight back at the firewall

Back