Emisions requirements?

:
03 Silver Protege5
What do I need to know before I try to go register my car up here? I have a primary cat, but an OBX header, so will that cause a problem? Anything else I need to know about registration/inspection?

in my area they dont need anything, no smog or visual insp here....... i dont know abt seattle though.....
welcome to the area. hope u had a good drive

A bump for anyone who has been tested recently in King county......I just got my notice today and am considering pulling the header????

Has anyone gone lately and what were your experiences???? Did they look under the hood??? or do they just test the OBDII and the exhaust gases???

Any help would be nice...I really don't want to pull the header if I don't need to...

Got mine about 5 months ago, they just tested the OBDII and that was all. But i'm in Snohomish County.

So they just plugged into the OBDII under the dash...Didn't open the hood or anything...I've got a high-flow cat, so I should pass the "sniffer" test if they test the exhaust emissions...Anybody else got anything on King county???

Well, I went in today and just took the test....PASSED!!!!

I've got OBX headers and the MAM catted mid-pipe and no probs...

The test is just an OBII plug and go...No visual or "sniffer".....I've never had a CEL, so all codes were clear...Non-fouler method FTW....So now everyone can know that you can pass as long as you've had no emissions based CEL...

BTW...I went to Redmonds testing facility....

Also learned that the Cold-Cathode running lights inside my car are a $500.00 fine if the Cops see em....better mount that switch in a more convienient and easily accesible place....

Back