Masochistic dealer anal raped up my oil pan drainage bolt

solid_snake

:
2006 Mazda Tribute S-V6
yes, as the title says, they ****** my bolt... the head is a circle and it had this goo (silicone sealant)....

no i can't change the oil, which has about 5k miles, and i don't know what to do...
here are pics

PICT0030.JPG

PICT0035.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Did they do the last one for ya? If so, take it back and have them do it. If they say you need to buy a new bolt, tell them they were the last ones to mess with it, so they should be fixing it, provided you have teh reciept from the last oil change.

Moeed said:
Did they do the last one for ya? If so, take it back and have them do it. If they say you need to buy a new bolt, tell them they were the last ones to mess with it, so they should be fixing it, provided you have teh reciept from the last oil change.
yeah they did, and i have the receipt also

that's very easy to fix, vise grip the old bolt off, get a new nut and gasket, and done

some oil change places replace worn oil drain bolts for free

I edited the title a little. I hope you don't mind too much...just want to keep the thread titles as PG-13 as possible.

xelderx said:
I edited the title a little. I hope you don't mind too much...just want to keep the thread titles as PG-13 as possible.
no problem, sorry for any inconvenience

JCell said:
that's very easy to fix, vise grip the old bolt off, get a new nut and gasket, and done

some oil change places replace worn oil drain bolts for free
yeah, but i will be making the dealer fix that as they were who messed it up

by the looks of it, i would rather just take the bolt out myself and put a new one in instead of taking it back to the place who did that, lol...

mp5jeff said:
by the looks of it, i would rather just take the bolt out myself and put a new one in instead of taking it back to the place who did that, lol...
yeah i also tried to remove it but looks like they put some blue thread locker (if it is the permanent one), i tried for 3 hours to remove that b**** so i can change my 5k used oil...

that looks more like tamper seal than thread lock, just get a good grip and give it a good smack

DO NOT take it out yourself. Make them do it. See if you can be there and watch. The amount of goop on it could mean that they stripped the threads out of the pan. Seen that happen a couple times with pans, especially aluminum ones.

Mike R said:
DO NOT take it out yourself. Make them do it. See if you can be there and watch. The amount of goop on it could mean that they stripped the threads out of the pan. Seen that happen a couple times with pans, especially aluminum ones.
yeah, they'll have to fix that.... (whip)

Take it to them. If you have to pay for the bolt, just pay for it. Principle sucks, but dealers will give you the run around. I worked for one for a little. They DO NOT like to fix stuff.

Also, you have issues. A simple thread title would have been sufficient for most people, but you had to add the "anally raped" in there. (first) funny (thumb)

Last edited:
65racecoupe said:
Take it to them. If you have to pay for the bolt, just pay for it. Principle sucks, but dealers will give you the run around. I worked for one for a little. They DO NOT like to fix stuff.

Also, you have issues. A simple thread title would have been sufficient for most people, but you had to add the "anally raped" in there. (first) funny (thumb)

yeah , if i have to pay for the bolt i will, i think it shouldn't cost more than $20

as for the title, xelderx was who edited the title:

xelderx said:

65racecoupe said:

So I have issues now??? I guess I can live with that...Dirka Dirka Jihad

Back