Hazard lights and alarm

chapterthree

:
Mazda 6
Hazard lights and locking/unlocking with remote

Hello All,

I am the proud new owner of a 2005 Mazda 6i. Just got her yesterday.

I was reading in the owners manual that when you lock or unlock the car with the remote transmitter, the hazard lights are supposed to flash accordingly, but mine do not. Is there any thing I should check or is there some programming I can do so that the hazard lights flash?

Thanks

Last edited:
chapterthree said:
Hello All,

I am the proud new owner of a 2005 Mazda 6i. Just got her yesterday.

I was reading in the owners manual that when you lock or unlock the car with the remote transmitter, the hazard lights are supposed to flash accordingly, but mine do not. Is there any thing I should check or is there some programming I can do so that the hazard lights flash?

Thanks

With my knowledge of the new Mazda's (I own a 3) and my hazards flash when I lock/unlock it. Bring it to the dealer and tell them your problem. They will check it out for you. I don't know if they will charge you labor or not, so ask that at the door. Also tell them (if they want to charge labor) that you bought the car brand new, not "as is", and that you expected everything to be in perfect working order, which it isn't. They shouldn't have a problem with that, but it will help keep you on the safe side, and spare you (hopefully) of any additional expenses. Or, wait until your courtesy oil change and have them check it out then.

Thanks for the replies. I just re-closed the hood and trunk to make sure they were firmly closed, and no luck there :( I think that is a good idea, to wait until my oil change and have them look at it then. The car is still under the bumper-to-bumper factory warranty, so they should be able to fix it for free.

Thanks again

yeah, the should flash twice when unlocking and once when locking, and if you press lock twice the horn should also chirp

Yeah the horn chirps when I hit lock twice, but no light flashing :( I'll definitely take it in, unless somebody else knows something that I might be able to check on my own.

Da 6 said:
Stattus on issue/fix?
Sorry about that, should have posted this sooner. It turned out to be the hood sensor was not working, which someone had hinted at in a previous post. The dealer replaced it in a jiffy and it resolved the issue.

Thanks again

Back