FREE MPI help!

Bigg Tim

:
MazdaSpeed 6
If you have any questions on the MPI, post them here and I'll try to answer them as clear as possible.(give me some time as I do not stay on this forum all day) This is a beginning to the instructions coming. So any questions you have or had, post them so I can use them for the instructions. WHATEVER you need to know or think others need to know to help them: install, tune or just understand the MPI.......post em up! These questions and answers will be in the instructions, as well as answered in this thread. The goal is to make everyone understand how to tune and what you are doing when you are tuning. I'll get new and old install instructions and post them as well.

Also, post your maps in the link below so we can get a better database of maps and keep them updated. When you put your maps up, describe your mods and boost levels. If you don't want to post a bought map, no problem.

http://www.msprotege.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51816&page=7&pp=40

just make then comprehensive,and try to cover everything needed.

the instructions that came with it are a joke,I am a ASE certifed tech,psecializing in engine diagnostics,and advanced engine managment,and I had a hard time comprehending the instructions babble.

They should also add what turbo and spec's they have with there maps...not everyone has the same turbo...also I would like to know where other's have there turbo module set to come on....

Jeremy

wicked said:
just make then comprehensive,and try to cover everything needed.

the instructions that came with it are a joke,I am a ASE certifed tech,psecializing in engine diagnostics,and advanced engine managment,and I had a hard time comprehending the instructions babble.

Ok, what instructions sucked? The installation instructions or the manuals? I have better installation instructions and I'm working on more detailed tuning instructions. I just need some feedback from some other users as to what they need clarification on. Actually, it is apocman's idea for more detailed tuning instructions and I wrote some already. I'm waiting for feedback, since he has people around him that are brand new to the MPI and something from a brand new person's perspective will help to write them clearer.

Here is the link to the better installation instructions with pics. If you do not have the yellow or purple wires (steps 14 and 15), then skip those steps. I updated the document and noted that onthose steps. Everything else is the same. I was going to ge trid of those steps, but I left them in case someone buys a used MPI that has those wires.

www.micahmicahmicah.net/home/starrie

Last edited:
is there any where i could download MPI maps for the MAM ss or just has an easy to understand directory that won't confuze me

Killer 8 said:
is there any where i could download MPI maps for the MAM ss or just has an easy to understand directory that won't confuze me

That's coming soon hopefully. When I get my laptop back from Beau, I'll have some MAM maps ready to download, but they WILL NEED to be changed some to make it more specific to your vehicle.

can't wait, i hate calling tim all the time and asking dumb questions, if we had some decent instructions and definitions etc. i think i'd be able to hanle the tunning myslef! thanks for doing this man!!

tim, I already talked to dana but we could not get this working and none of the laptops I have access to, have serials ports so......I bought a serial to usb adapter and cannot get it working..any help you can give me? I have heard problems using these, is there a specific brand that will work? When I try to connect it says no comm's. need some help quick anyone can chime in here. Thanks

Chris

NeverSober said:
tim, I already talked to dana but we could not get this working and none of the laptops I have access to, have serials ports so......I bought a serial to usb adapter and cannot get it working..any help you can give me? I have heard problems using these, is there a specific brand that will work? When I try to connect it says no comm's. need some help quick anyone can chime in here. Thanks

Chris

pm apocman, he is working with Timm.

MPNick has a USB adaptor that works 100% of the time. I woulod get with him on that. Also, I believe that the Belkin brand works fine. As long as you have your computer setup properly then you shouldn't have an issue.

I have a cheap one I got and it works, but I get intermitten communication problems. The guy I talked to who used the Belkin brand has had no problems with it. Just make sure that the comm port that is assigned to the USB device is between 1 and 4 and then click that comm number under the tools menu in the SW.

Bazooka---Ask the questions you need now. It may take a little more time for the instructions to come out because we have to wait for the installs to get done. Spill the beans man, don't be shy. If you have a question, maybe someone else may have the same one.

nevermind, thanks for your help. Found someone else with a laptop that does have a serial port. So no worries, thanks though.

Chris

no,the install instructions are great,it's the user instructions that suck.

they are vague,unfriendly.they would lead you to believe that tunning the MPI is rocket science,even though it is realitizly easy.

Bigg Tim said:
Ok, what instructions sucked? The installation instructions or the manuals? I have better installation instructions and I'm working on more detailed tuning instructions. I just need some feedback from some other users as to what they need clarification on. Actually, it is apocman's idea for more detailed tuning instructions and I wrote some already. I'm waiting for feedback, since he has people around him that are brand new to the MPI and something from a brand new person's perspective will help to write them clearer.

Here is the link to the better installation instructions with pics. If you do not have the yellow or purple wires (steps 14 and 15), then skip those steps. I updated the document and noted that onthose steps. Everything else is the same. I was going to ge trid of those steps, but I left them in case someone buys a used MPI that has those wires.

www.micahmicahmicah.net/home/starrie

Its going to be worked on here shortly. Tim, Apoc, and myself would like to make this process a whole lot easier. I just need to finish all these tests...argh!!!

I'm here to help too, I'm quite a bit newer at it than most. But I have the basics down
Killer 8 - I may have a base map for your SS kit when you get it, but I'm running an extra injector pre-throttle body

s***, I just now saw this thread!!!!!

Sorry been trying to get things together for the video recordings we will be doing this weekend of the turbo install on my MSP and we will be tuning two MSP's with the MPI!!!

I plan on working with Tim as lead technical writer and me and Moeed will follow up with detailed shots and breakdowns that will walk someone who is lamen (doesn't understand) to tuning and walk them through install to final tuning steps.

Once this is done I want to create a comprehensive PowerPoint (PP) that will include the video as well, so they will be able to walk themselves through the PP and hopefully be successful with their attemps...

and I look forward to Jeph and Gboro and anybody else who wants to help out making this instructional set, let us know and we'll use you as testers as well and if you have a vid camera let us know and we can use some of your video in the instructions...

Definately add that if they dont have the green wire they need the mpi blue wire to ground resistor too. (1.2k i think it was)

Other than that the instructions tim has are great.

If anyone has usb issues or laptop issues i can help as well. ive helped several people here with their mpi pc issues.

Latest posts

Back