User Manual

U-Turn

Contributor
:
Protege 2000
I bougth the Haynes manual for my protege but almost nothing is up to date or exactly like in my car. If someone know another manual for a Protege 2000 (1.6L), can you tell me which one it is. Thanks!

That manual is no use to my 99 either. Chilton doesn't seem to have any books on 99+ Proteges, and I couldn't even find a Cordura or Motor's Auto Repair Manuals with a quick online search. I think I'm just going to have to rely on the internet for my questions. Try looking in the Service Publications section of your owner's manual; apparently you can get some stuff from Mazda, although I don't know how much it'll cost you.

Let me know if you find anything. :)

Last edited:
Grendel said:
That manual is no use to my 99 either. Chilton doesn't seem to have any books on 99+ Proteges, and I couldn't even find a Cordura or Motor's Auto Repair Manuals with a quick online search. I think I'm just going to have to rely on the internet for my questions. Try looking in the Service Publications section of your owner's manual; apparently you can get some stuff from Mazda, although I don't know how much it'll cost you.

Let me know if you find anything. :)

Ok, but I think I'll use the internet.

check out ebaymotors.com under manuals and literature. sometimes they have the actual service manuals used by the dealers. read the auction carefully because some are the actual binders and the others are cd's of the scanned pages.

yeah I got the Haynes book and it stops at the 2nr gen, and really doesn't explain much about the 3rd gen

Anyone bough one of those CD or books? "Parts List Mazda Protege 1999-2003 99-03" look's interesting for the body and the "Mazda Protege 1990-2000 Service Manual" Cd look's nice for the engine and everything that comes with it.

What are your tough?

I have one of the CDs from Ebay. It is helpful, and only cost me $8.00 or something. It's clearly just a CD-R with a printed label on it, but it's just what I need, so I guess I have nothing to really complain about.

What do you want to see? There are thousands of pages worth of stuff on there.

Mazda_CDs.JPG

It's not even close to being as expensive as the printed factory manual, so even if you don't like it, it's only ~$10 right? Not a big deal.

Back