Open Cell Phones?

Mr. 4500 RPM

:
Black P5
Well currently Verizon is my cell phone provider. I like their service but i feel their plans/cell phones arent the best thing in the world. I would like to get a sidekick that tmobile has but want to try and stay with verizon since their reception for cell phones is awesome. So i was wondering if anyone knows where i can purchase an open phone in case i dont make the switch to tmobile or what their expierence was in doing soemthing of this nature. I was hoping if anyone had any other ideas on the subject or could recomend any phone similar to the sidekick or a phone with a full keyboard or semi keyboard similar tot he sidekick.

thanks a lot!

well the sidekick will not work. because it is a gsm style phone which operates on different bands, where as the verizon phone is a cdma style phone. also the sidekick uses a sim card to work where the verizon phone doesn't it works by the hex number in the phone.

i don't know if verizon has anything like the sidekick, but i would say go with the e-815 or the v-710. but if you don't like either of those and your out of contract with verizon just port your number, it only takes about 30 mins to go through. well at least with the company i work for. and you will keep the same number, but be with t-mobile and have the sidekick.

edit* also the cdma stylve v3 razr is suppose to be coming out soon too! that is the phone i am using with work right now and it is a kick ass phone. check out www.phonescoop.com and look around there.

yeah i mean i want like a mini comp/instant messaging, camera phone and semi pda all in one and ive wanted a sidekick for 2 years now so im thinking of making the switch to tmobile. only thing is that in certain areas verizon gets amazing service...so well see i still have till november to decide...

im not sure if anyone knows but i swear i saw a commercial from verizon with lg about an lg phone that has a slide out keyboard. not sure if i was imagining things or not but i swear i saw a commercial of one any ideas?

go to verizonwireless.com and scroll to the bottom of phones. there are 3-4 pda phones, some samsung, treo 650, etc.

Most cell companies will give you a 15 day trial where you can return product and cancel w/no liability (unless you break the phone!)

Yeah I wasn't trying to be a dick but I just noticed how that sounded, but I think that phone would still cost a decent amount.

well see everything is up in the air right now. im unsure about switching or not and everything. oh you didnt sound like a dick no worries. also if i stay with verizon ill get 100 off for extending the contract or w/e for another 2 years off a new phone so that SHOULD help. who knows i still have time to tell though....im unsure about the lg though cause the lg i have now sucks balls! many different issues since i first got it so who knows where ill go its an option with staying with verizon.

If you are looking at T-Mobile, you only need to sign a 1 year contract as opposed to a 2 year contract w/ Verizon, so if you hate it, you can switch back to Verizon.

see the reason i am with verizon is that the rest of my fam is on tmobile and when the black out in nyc/tri state area happened a few summers ago my cell phone was the only one that got coverage because tmobile was all busy and the such. so i stayed with verizon cause my dad wanted that extra security. but i like tmobiles phones and plans but their reception idk about that my sister and dad say its bad. i like verizon coverage/reception but i dislike most of their phones and their plans are OK. i wouldnt consider any of the other companies though since i hear their coverage is worse then these too. my gf has cingular and well its pretty bad for her reception wise.

anyone gots any ideas? i have a few months to decide since my contract will expire in november abouts.

Verizon service owns all. Thats why tmobile offers so many anytime minutes, because half that time you dont get service. And to the people who think they do get good service are lying to themselves. There have been countless times where Im out with my friends and I am always the one who has to call people cuz nobody else has service.

DSM2MSP said:
Verizon service owns all. Thats why tmobile offers so many anytime minutes, because half that time you dont get service. And to the people who think they do get good service are lying to themselves. There have been countless times where Im out with my friends and I am always the one who has to call people cuz nobody else has service.
Same here

that is why i am debating staying with verizon but they dont seem to have a phone that semi fits my needs besides the new lg one i posted so lets see if its any good when it comes out.

I won't say that T-Mobile service is perfect, esp. when I am in the country. On the other hand, it is much better than it was 2 years ago. I do love the customer service and phone selection that T-Mobile has or that you can use on the network, like my British phone that I unlocked and am using now. If you absolutely have to have 24/7 service, then go w/ Verizon. If you are like me and you want a phone that makes you happy and you don't need to use a phone in out of the way places, then T-Mobile may be a good choice. Talk to people in your area who have T-Mobile and see what they say, look at coverage maps, look at phones and their reviews. I can't say anything about coverage in your area because I've never used my phone up there. Oh, and I am in a Family Plan and we have 1000 minutes and we are able to use them 99% of the time.

she has a new ericson phone but she lives in the sticks so that does not help lol...even i dont get reception where she lives with my verizon phone....

Back