Random problems

MSPizzle

:
03' Black Mica MSP
ok, #1: Every now and then when im taking off out of first gear my MSP acts like I suck at shifting, what with the jerking and whatnot. It basically does what it would do if i didnt know how to drive a stick and almost kill it, but im not, the rpm's are usually at around 2000 when it does it.

what could some causes of this be?

#2: During first and second gear there is kind of a grinding sound, not when shifting into them, but just when im moving through the gears. It kind of sounds like water pressure catching up before it goes out through the shower head. I thought it could have been the lowering springs, but i dont want to just assume.

Has anyone had something like this happen to them?

Thanks guys.

yeah, the tranny is really jerky. what can help are good motor mount upgrades. I just recently installed RR Racing front motor mount inserts. it helped a bit, a little less jerky and less wheel hop. You can get the full AWR front and rear motor mounts and side motor mount inserts, but your car will vibrate ALOT.... probably unbareable... unless you can withstand it.

also, try changing your transmission fluid. don't necessarily need to do a complete flush service, but just draining it and putting in something better. I swapped out the stock stuff for Redline MT90. So far it has smoothened the shifting and decreased the "whining" noise from the tranny.

Not sure what kind of grinding sound you have, but get it checked out.

i have the front AWR mount. its awesome, hardly any added vibration and definetly more solid engine, totally helps puts more power to the wheels.

Back