MPI tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bigg Tim said:
Jeph--the TM coming on at 1psi or so isn't all that bad. There's not enough load on the engine to do much harm. I have mine coming on around 1-2psi and it's been fine for a long time. If you set it too early, then it may come on in a higher gear where the loads are a bit greater. How often will you be at that specific moment where you are running 1.5psi for an extended period of time?

Yeah, thats a good point, whats yours set at?

ah you already have got your upgrades, cool!!!!

Yep MPI is a nice way to go for EM...

Theres lots of threads here about the MPI, most of them are really helpful
Search for one called MPI tuner anyone

Last edited:
brealmp3---stock injectors are enough for 8psi if you can control them.

Jeph--my switch is higher because I have a bigger turbo and it's pretty laggy. I think I have it at like .78 to .79

Oh yeah, you have a big t3/t4
So mine should be fine, i have it set at .71 right now.
I did a short datalog, and it played fine while i was in the car with the car still running but i just stopped comms and played it. but as soon as i unplugged it from the tuner, it wouldn't play anymore.

ok that's what i was thinking but just the way bigg tim worded his answer, it was some what unclear but i just wanted to be sure!

Jeph---I would take the xtra injectors out on the row of 4883 and down. That should lean it out some for you. You may have to adjust the Analog Tab to compensate if too lean. If you can't get it by adjusting the main maps, try to trim the AEng Temp column a little. Like where you have the .30 and .17, maybe they need to be a .20 and .10 or lower. Just paly with it a bit when you get the fuel closer to where you want it. You still want to tune the 8x16 map first though.
Brealmp3---sorry bout that. Like was stated, the MPI can control stock injectors but on a non-msp, it is only good for 5psi without xtra injectors. There were some people a while ago that couldn't get the tune down because the Turbo Modules were more aggressive, so Nick got tired of the headache and now he only says up to 5psi without xtra injectors. The Turbo modules are not as aggressive as before. At one time he had a TM that allowed up to 10psi on the stock injectors with no pressure regulator or anything...all stock fuel system.

I personally like the xtra injectors myself because you have the stock ECU controlling the stock injectors so the car runs like stock outside of boost all the time. I've passed the MD and AZ state emissions with my car setup like this. I have yet to see a car running larger injectors in the stock location pass emissions....that is I have not seen it posted.

BT, I want to call you sometime and kind of do an over the phone interview and discuss the MPI in detail and what each thing means and what they do and how to adjust and use them and tuning in general.

then write it into a very detailed how-to where even real world tuner noobs can understand it.

I will talk to Yashooa and Moeed and see what kind of gift we can get you...

So speaking of more aggressive TM, I am pretty sure i still have that Tm, because i bought my MPi more than a year ago. Do you think i could just tune my stock injectors more and cut the extra unless i really need it?
And I am assuming the playback file actually worked this time, so you see where i'm going super rich still. Its not nearly as bad, i'm not leaving unburnt fuel on my back bumper anymore :)

Thats my latest datalog, and map. It seems like I am STILL rich through 3500-5000, and then it gets a little better, but i've pulled so much fuel in that zone, i'm scared to pull more because i'm already low single digits

I haven't looked at your datalogs yet, but it doesn't hurt to be a little rich, but it can't make you and your pocket book cry if your a little lean at the wrong time... so becareful in the persuit of the perfect tune...

Jeph said:
Thats my latest datalog, and map. It seems like I am STILL rich through 3500-5000, and then it gets a little better, but i've pulled so much fuel in that zone, i'm scared to pull more because i'm already low single digits

Yeah it feels pretty good right now. Maybe i'll leave it as is until you guys can look at the datalogs. It isn't leaving unburnt fuel on my back bumper anymore :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back