MPI tuning

Status
Not open for further replies.
no it sholdt be erratic. it might idle high till its warm but not be eratic, u might have a vac leak or the fuel cal is off. check your afr in the software, you may have to add or remove fuel to get it near 14.7 under global settings, analog, fuel zero calibration. if its like 10.7 lower the fuel can number and hit apply, if its like 17 raise the number.

It says the afr is 11.6 I think. whe nI go to the fuel cal it is at 0. So the analog out is 4.98 afr is 11.6 and the fuel cal is 0. The car is smoking a bit also. I can't tell what color smoke it is dark outside.

You have something wrong, but I sent Nick that diagram to make sure it's right. You are maxing the injectors out, that's why it's like that.
The vacuum is NOT MPI related, you should verify all the vacuum connections, just in case. Also, the idle is not MPI controlled. When I was on the phone with you earlier, the idle sounded smooth before you made those changes, so it has to do with that. Can you take pictures of your wiring and email them to me? Do you have access to a high speed connection so you don't have to do it via dialup?

Bigg Tim said:
You have something wrong, but I sent Nick that diagram to make sure it's right. You are maxing the injectors out, that's why it's like that.
The vacuum is NOT MPI related, you should verify all the vacuum connections, just in case. Also, the idle is not MPI controlled. When I was on the phone with you earlier, the idle sounded smooth before you made those changes, so it has to do with that. Can you take pictures of your wiring and email them to me? Do you have access to a high speed connection so you don't have to do it via dialup?

Tim, Beau can give you Jeph's cell number if you need it. It's good to see guys like you that are helping people out. You have nothing to gain(that we know of) by doing it. MPNick ownes you so much.

65racecoupe said:
Tim, Beau can give you Jeph's cell number if you need it. It's good to see guys like you that are helping people out. You have nothing to gain(that we know of) by doing it. MPNick ownes you so much.

Thanks, I have his number and have talked to him already. He's already set with the AEM, so there's no need for him to go further with the MPI. The only thing I gain is helping a unit, that I PERSONALLY have had nothing but success with, get out there and working as well as mine does. Nick is busy and I got no life, so I'm all about helping when I can!

Also, I like to egg Beau on and tell him my s*** is better then his, but don't tell no one.:D

Bigg Tim said:
Also, I like to egg Beau on and tell him my s*** is better then his, but don't tell no one.:D

Egg him on. What do you make and why is your s*** better :)
I don't think Beau really cares. He say's his s*** speaks for itself. I believe it too. He just finished building a 2000HP turbo mustang.

65racecoupe said:
Egg him on. What do you make and why is your s*** better :)
I don't think Beau really cares. He say's his s*** speaks for itself. I believe it too. He just finished building a 2000HP turbo mustang.

I don't make anything and my s*** isn't any better then the next guys. But that's OK, my setup is still better then his, or at least that is what I say to him. It's all messing around.(thumb)

Bigg Tim said:
I don't make anything and my s*** isn't any better then the next guys. But that's OK, my setup is still better then his, or at least that is what I say to him. It's all messing around.(thumb)

Go post in my section again :)

I just want to say Tim has been a great help with my MPI problems. There is no one locally who knows anything about hte MPI and he has no reason to help. He just does it because he's a good guy. Props to Tim. Thanks bud. We will get the MP3 running I have faith.

JDM Sam said:
the originals poster's problem has be resolved.

No it has not been resolved. He is just going to remove the stock system along with the MPI and start all over from 0. He still has a bad O2 and a leak, the problem is still there. The thread is good for other people that my have the same problem that are looking for help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back