carbon creations wing fitment issue

P5Gurl

:
2002 Mazda Protege5
Hi everyone, it's been a LONG time since I have been on here, but I have a question for anyone that might have had this issue. I ordered the carbon creations wing for my P5, and when we went to put it on my car, it didn't fit. It was slightly warped, and the screws in the wing itself don't match up to the holes in the car. I was just curious if anyone else has this particular wing, and if anyone has had this problem with it. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

i have the dg motorsports wing on my car and it didnt exactly fit correctly either. what i personally just did was i aske dmy friend to come over to help and it took me and my friend some heavy adjustin and stretchin for the screwholes to align correctly (kinda) before we got it to fit.

I would love to return it, but I don't believe that it is going to be that easy. When I called the company to tell them what had happened, the guy basically spoke to me like I was a complete moron and thought I had bought a universal wing. When I explained to him that I was not an idiot and that I had ordered the OEM wing, he told me that the only way that they would even consider exchanging it (nothing being mentioned about returns) is if I took pictures of the wing up against the car so they could see that it really didn't fit, and then he said that they would go from there. I guess my question to you guys now, is that a normal thing for them to do? I mean, i suppose that they really do want to make sure that it dosn't fit before they return/exchange it, but that just kinda sounds odd to me. Its not really a problem to try to custom fit it like digitalrice did, but I just want to make sure before we go through all that, that it is worth it. Any info is helpful. Thanks.

the way you are making it sound makes it seem like they are giving you the shaft. i mean its natural that they ask for pics to make sure cause they want to make sure yout not shafting them but they should try and help you. send them pics and go from there....i mean by them treating you like a moron made me think twice about their intention. do not try and force it on there if you want to go through with the exhange because then they prob wont accept it. take as many pics as you can revealing the discrepany so they can see themselves. and best of luck to you!

P5Gurl said:
I would love to return it, but I don't believe that it is going to be that easy. When I called the company to tell them what had happened, the guy basically spoke to me like I was a complete moron and thought I had bought a universal wing. When I explained to him that I was not an idiot and that I had ordered the OEM wing, he told me that the only way that they would even consider exchanging it (nothing being mentioned about returns) is if I took pictures of the wing up against the car so they could see that it really didn't fit, and then he said that they would go from there. I guess my question to you guys now, is that a normal thing for them to do? I mean, i suppose that they really do want to make sure that it dosn't fit before they return/exchange it, but that just kinda sounds odd to me. Its not really a problem to try to custom fit it like digitalrice did, but I just want to make sure before we go through all that, that it is worth it. Any info is helpful. Thanks.

Back