oil light flickering

nalspeed

Contributor
:
mazda protege 5 silver
Has anybody else have this problem my oil light keeps flickering it will flash then gone then flashing then gone again WTF but the oil is fine I mean I do have a little leak of oil but I would get that fix don't know how but it will be fix

You say your oil is fine, but, really, when was the last time you checked it? What was the level on the stick?

kcbhiw said:
You say your oil is fine, but, really, when was the last time you checked it? What was the level on the stick?
Good question. And relevant too. That's the best kind of question!

Put it this way I got my oil change from sears 1 month ago and I checked it this morning and it is perfect but I think maybe the sensor is broken how much do they cost to replce and I don;t even know what they look like and where is it located?

kcbhiw said:

Well that's your problem right there. You got your oil from Sears...

If the car could spit it out it would. It's trying to tell you: "This oil sucks! I want some sythetic oil you cheap bastard!".

Just messin with you. :D

lubrication.JPG

Nomad said:

If the car could spit it out it would. It's trying to tell you: "This oil sucks! I want some sythetic oil you cheap bastard!".

They use Castrol GTX, or u can request synthentic.

i believe they put castrol and they even give me the can afterwards

Nomad said:

Is it easy to replace and thanks for the description what do you think that cause the sensor to break and you know how much they cost

solid_snake said:

it does knock when I start the engine but not at high rpm

Mike R said:
That or the bearings could be shot. Does the motor knock at startup or at higher rpm?

Last edited:
OIL PRESSURE INSPECTION
A3U011102000W01
Warning
Continuous exposure with USED engine oil has caused skin cancer in laboratory mice. Protect
your skin by washing with soap and water immediately after this work.
When the engine and the oil are hot, they can cause severe burns. Turn off the engine and wait
until it and oil are cool.

1. Remove the intake manifold bracket. (FS model)
2. remove oil pressure switch

to install:

1.Apply silicone sealant to the oil pressure switch threads.
2. Install the oil pressure switch.

Tightening torque
1217 Nm {1.21.8 kgfm, 913 ftlbf}

3. Install the intake manifold bracket. (FS model)

okay hope it works it bugs the living out of me flickers then gone then flickers again

solid_snake said:
OIL PRESSURE INSPECTION
A3U011102000W01
Warning
Continuous exposure with USED engine oil has caused skin cancer in laboratory mice. Protect
your skin by washing with soap and water immediately after this work.
When the engine and the oil are hot, they can cause severe burns. Turn off the engine and wait
until it and oil are cool.

1. Remove the intake manifold bracket. (FS model)
2. remove oil pressure switch

to install:

1.Apply silicone sealant to the oil pressure switch threads.
2. Install the oil pressure switch.

Tightening torque
1217 Nm {1.21.8 kgfm, 913 ftlbf}

3. Install the intake manifold bracket. (FS model)

Before replacing the sensor, I would suggest that you get your oil pressure tested - pressure sensors very rarely "break", and if you are running low oil pressure, your engine is gonna get screwed up real bad.

falsedawn said:
Before replacing the sensor, I would suggest that you get your oil pressure tested - pressure sensors very rarely "break", and if you are running low oil pressure, your engine is gonna get screwed up real bad.
he's right

Back