How can I disable the beeper for the seatbelt?

I am a new member and I own a Mazda 6 for a year. I want to disable the beeper for the seatbelt because I use the car for deliveries and I am moving around all the time, in and out of the car so I can't buckle the seatbelt all the time but only when I want to. Does anyone know who can I disable it?

there is a plug under the seat, just unplug it, thats what connects the light for the dash...but you should still wear it all the time, why you want to disable?

(headshake
How hard is it really to use a seatbelt. I've done deliveries before, at most it adds 2 seconds to your delivery time. It's not that hard. Sounds like a pretty sorry excuse to me. But whatever, it's your life.

Last edited:
it's a bit annoying doing it every 50 meters. I always use it but sometimes I can' that's why I want to disable the beeper. I don't want to unplug thw wires in case I do something wrong or if I have trouble with the dealer and the gurranty. I thought it might be a combination of buttons to disable it. There is in other cars. The dealer doesn't know how to do it.

I doubt the dealer will disconnect anything raleted to safety.

Wear your seltbelt...

enginekiller said:
it's a bit annoying doing it every 50 meters. I always use it but sometimes I can' that's why I want to disable the beeper. I don't want to unplug thw wires in case I do something wrong or if I have trouble with the dealer and the gurranty. I thought it might be a combination of buttons to disable it. There is in other cars. The dealer doesn't know how to do it.

don't unplug the yellow harnesses, they are for the seat belt pretensioners, part of the supplemental restraint system

Not wearing a seatbelt is not just unwise but illegal. Most places now alow law enforcement to pull you for seatbels alone now instead of making them find something else before they could just tag it on. Dealership will not do it unless you know someone and they do it outside of the dealership's knoledge.

Da 6 said:
Not wearing a seatbelt is not just unwise but illegal. Most places now alow law enforcement to pull you for seatbels alone now instead of making them find something else before they could just tag it on. Dealership will not do it unless you know someone and they do it outside of the dealership's knoledge.

I'm quite aware of the necessity of seat belts, and always wear them on the roads. Occasionally I move the car a short distance, not even on public roads, and don't need the damn constant beep beep beep telling me my belt isn't fastened.
I also consider myself an adult and don't need "mom" reminding me of what to do when I get in the car. Someone at Mazda went well overboard with political correctness on this one.
FYI, the dealer will turn the warning chime off permanently, ONCE. After that they will charge you for hooking the computer up to your car. It requires reprogramming one feature on the dashboard with WDS.
This is also mentioned in your owner's manual.

Last edited:
if you don't want to get charged (if your dealership is really a stealership), then try to get it done when you have something else legitimately done, such as a flash update to the ECU due to a recall or tsb.... I disabled this bulls*** on my 3 a while back and I haven't been looking back since! I too move the car around the driveway from time to time and incessant beeping is annoying as hell! YES, I ALWAYS wear my seat belt when driving, so you people who are saying the beeper should stay because you need to wear your seat belt, blah blah are whiney little bitches

nice thread bump btw

Like to make a retraction on the dealership part. Dealership will do it with wds but some charge you for it. Temporary disable how-to was posted in how-to section.

Back