Locking Gas Cap

:
2002 Red Protege 5
Well since gas is more valuable than anything right now, I was thinking of getting a locking gas cap for my Protege 5.

Does anyone here have one, and if so is there a part number you could give me so I could go out and buy one. I have my car parked at the college parking lot during the day and it just sits out there for hours. It's not a good section of town either so I want to make sure some hoodlum doesn't try siphon my tank.

Thanks

I dont think thats such a great idea... I mean hell, if the thief goes through all that trouble to pry the cover open then sees you have a locking cap, he might just get pissed and trash your car. A tank of gas MIGHT be cheaper!

Ya... if our gas tank lids didn't latch, I'd be wanting a locking cap right about now, but I think anyone looking to siphon will look for any vast # of car that has a open/close easy lid that doesn't need a release like ours.

So I take it none of you guys have one. If he's gonna trash my car over a locking cap than so be it. I still want one.

hey you go to UH right? park with me and siberiankiss near the arch building on the winding road on the way to the law building. we almost always park right up front (we can both see our cars from our desks in the building like 24hours). So we can watch over your p5 too. plus theres some silver p5 thats been parkin next to me like everyday this past week. haven't met up with the guy yet but no matter where i park there he is. but yeah ill be there tomorrow morning. we usually get there early. look for the blue and yellow mazdaspeeds.

then go to autozone and get one.

Really? Never thought of that (jerkit). I was asking because I saw some people here mention they had one and I was going to get one that actually fit.

hey you go to UH right? park with me and siberiankiss near the arch building on the winding road on the way to the law building. we almost always park right up front (we can both see our cars from our desks in the building like 24hours). So we can watch over your p5 too. plus theres some silver p5 thats been parkin next to me like everyday this past week. haven't met up with the guy yet but no matter where i park there he is. but yeah ill be there tomorrow morning. we usually get there early. look for the blue and yellow mazdaspeeds.

No, I don't go to UH, but that's cool how you guys stick together. It's funny because I'm the only p5 at my campus; heck there isn't even another protege in the parking lot.

You can't really see the parking lot from any of the class rooms and I'm taking a night class because the course was only offered at that time, which is also the perfect time for people to screw with your car.

MP5s Make Ready said:
Really? Never thought of that (jerkit). I was asking because I saw some people here mention they had one and I was going to get one that actually fit.

you can search on autozone.com for what you are looking for and/or go to the store and have them look up one that fits. not that hard of a concept.

Back