Who's gonna be first???

nate0123 said:
nope... still a minivan lol

wtf is up with those rims?
Its not a minivan...Its a microvan....Much cooler...Me and the GF checked these out and shes dying to get one....I like it as well...A nice body kit,drop and some wheels and they will be sweet! (thumb)

I love a lowered vehicle mor ehtan anybody... although this comes with a nice side sill ground effect not sure where you you will be driving but around here theres more than a few eclipses etc with ground effects hanging off the front of there ride duck taped together dew to back roads in places this 5 sits nice and the factory ground effects help it look even cleaner and lower , and I agree those wheels in photo not very cool, but heah thats why they make 10 million styles rightlol great look though keep um comming

nate0123 said:
nope... still a minivan lol

wtf is up with those rims?
Advan Super Racing Version2 is what's up with those rims. I prefer wheels NOT like everybody else's.

I love how everybody hates on those wheels. I think that's why I like them so much.

lol I'm don't know anyone else with the same rims as I have

I'm not trying to insult your style if that is your style... but it's definitely not my style

nate0123 said:
lol I'm don't know anyone else with the same rims as I have

I'm not trying to insult your style if that is your style... but it's definitely not my style
I don't know anybody who has your rims per se, but there are plenty of wheels with the same design out there.

I'm not saying your wheels are ugly, boring maybe, but not ugly. And like you were saying, it's your style, not my style.
(thumb)

HKMP5 said:
Mazda 5 = matrix

^^^I don't see this as an insult at all. Another view could be 'Grand Caravan=Mazda 5'. Although I don't that the 5 is equal to a caravan, many will still look at this car as a minivan. Being placed in the same catagory as a Matrix is a Marketing godsend for Mazda.

The matrix is a fantastic car to drive, and is stores a boat load of stuff to boot. I made thae connection between the two vehicles immediately. But the sliding doors of the 5 just scream Mini van. So the 5 is in its own segment. But I guess my point is that putting the 5 in the same class as the Matrix is much better than the alternatives.

I wonder if 19s would fit nicely under the Mazda5, I have a set in the garage collecting dust (were on my 2000 eclipse), not sure it they will work, but it's worth a try

Gobe_Air said:
I wonder if 19s would fit nicely under the Mazda5, I have a set in the garage collecting dust (were on my 2000 eclipse), not sure it they will work, but it's worth a try
I'll let you know how a set 19's fit next month. Only potential problem is how wide a tire (215,225,235) will fit with a 48 offset.

Last edited:
All the ones I've seen in Japan are running 7.5" wide. I've only seen one 5 with wheels wider than that, it had factory RX8 wheels...they're 8" with a 50mm offset.

oops, jsut saw that you're talking about tire width. That I'm not sure of....I want to say they're running 215 or 225 wide on the 7.5" wheels.

My 19s are wrapped in toyo proxes 235/35/19 tires, as soon as winter passes I'll put them on to see if they'll fit. I'll post a pic of the rims, tommarrow

My guess is that the 5 would look like a lifted microvan (uhm), I hope the US aftermarket arena will not neglect the 5, sheez I want everything overseas, Auto Exe kit ($1354 converted yen to dollars) and springs, but that's too much $$$

Here's a pic of the 19s, I'm considering putting on the 5, if they work, I believe the offset for the eclipse is 50mm not sure if this will cause problems?

DSC00413.jpg

I just looked at the H&R website - They have a spring set specifically for the five. Drops it 1.4 in front and 1.3 in the rear - Their PN 29152 - It is a different PN than the Mazda3 so I assume that the spring rates are diffferent. For comparision, the AutoEx springs are an aprox 1.2 drop.

There is also the possibility of using an airbag strut system from Air Ride - This fellow did just that with his 2004 Premacy - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/701041
I just think that finding room for the tank,pump and valves would be a problem.

gunslinger13x said:
I just looked at the H&R website - They have a spring set specifically for the five. Drops it 1.4 in front and 1.3 in the rear - Their PN 29152 - It is a different PN than the Mazda3 so I assume that the spring rates are diffferent. For comparision, the AutoEx springs are an aprox 1.2 drop.

There is also the possibility of using an airbag strut system from Air Ride - This fellow did just that with his 2004 Premacy - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/701041
I just think that finding room for the tank,pump and valves would be a problem.
The H&Rs aren't actually available yet, and that Premacy on air is a first gen. The Mazda5 is a 2nd gen Premacy. AFAIK nobody makes an air kit for the current gen Premacy. There are a few companies making lowering springs, but they're only selling in Japan right now.

the_saint said:
The H&Rs aren't actually available yet, and that Premacy on air is a first gen. The Mazda5 is a 2nd gen Premacy. AFAIK nobody makes an air kit for the current gen Premacy. There are a few companies making lowering springs, but they're only selling in Japan right now.

Just pointing out other options - just because there isn't a kit doesn't mean it can't be done. It all depends on how bad you want it. Air Ride Technologies manufactures the AirStrut with simular mounts as the 5 so only the overall length and amount of travel will have to be determined. Finding room for an air tank would be the the problem, without it, you might be waiting a long time before a small air compressor could lift the vehicle high enough to drive away.

As far as springs go, the AutoEx springs are available from Corksport, as are the chassis braces. The downside is the 3 week wait.

Only time and demand will tell what will be available for our beloved 5s. As for me, I'll be placing my order for the braces with Corksport. I'll wait till some A/M struts are available before making a decision on springs. A pair of airbags will be then be used keep the vehicle level when the family is in it.

Any H&R reseller can now get you the coil springs.
-Part #29152-1
-40mm drop
-black color

Here is the email response from H&R...

Hello Albert,

The springs for the Mazda 5 are available from stock.

Best regards
H&R Spezialfedern
Yvonne Menzebach

WhitewaterPearl said:
Any H&R reseller can now get you the coil springs.
-Part #29152-1
-40mm drop
-black color

Here is the email response from H&R...

Hello Albert,

The springs for the Mazda 5 are available from stock.

Best regards
H&R Spezialfedern
Yvonne Menzebach

Were they able to give you a price for them?

RODSCALIP5 said:
Were they able to give you a price for them?
No she didn't but I can't imagine why the MSRP would differ from the Mazda3 (essentially the same fitment with a higher spring rate).

...never pay MSRP!!

Back