what tire pressure?

:
07 F150 HD
any idea what tire pressure I should be running?

I have 18x7.5 so the tires are yoko paradas in 215/35

i believe the rating on the side said 120psi max?? and when ichecked i was right around like 30psi i think.

where should I be?

120psi isn't possible on any car tire I've ever seen...... I think the factory setting is 32/32 but there isn't a set in stone psi. How do the sidewalls feel to you during sharp turns? If they are rolling under just add more air 2psi at a time to fine tune it until it feels right for your driving style and needs. Just check the sidewall for max pressure again, and keep your cold pressure a good 10psi under that as you make your adjustments. For example, my Proxes 4's have a sidewall max of 50 and i run them at 38/40 cold psi due to their soft sidewalls and my dislike of slowing down for corners.

Last edited:
I got paradas and I roll w/ 40psi on all 4 corners. Try around 32-38 for the balance of daily drivability and spirited driving. 40 is bone jarring..but I like it.

I have 205/40/17 tires and I usually have them at between 32-34 PSI. Seems to be a nice ride with that, but I do any 'spirited' driving.

SciFiMan said:
For example, my Proxes 4's have a sidewall max of 50 and i run them at 38/40 cold psi due to their soft sidewalls and my dislike of slowing down for corners.

damn that's autox tire pressure, seems a bit too high for street driving

I've found the Proxes 4's roll under too much during autox even at 40psi, so I autox at 47psi cold for the first run and I realize that's pushing my luck but they've been rock solid and trouble free. On the rest of the runs I air down so they are about 48psi when hot. Otherwise the rollunder is a pretty sudden thunk at moderate speed that makes me nervous.

ZoomZoomH said:
damn that's autox tire pressure, seems a bit too high for street driving

Back