Clutch Questions

:
5 Door Titanium Gray Metallic, Mazda 3
I haven't had time to check this fourm in a while I was wondering if anyone knew about how much HP is to much for the stock Mazda 3 clutch to handle off a jump. If you have intake, downpipe, header, and exhaust, will it hold up? If it does will it hold up under extreme conditions for a decent amount of time? And like I said if someone has the specs on the HP it will hold stock please let me know.

Thanks

downpipe? you turbo'd? Anyway, I know Juan is (or was) running te stock clutch with his hiboost kit. He has pushed well over 300 hp, I think up to 370 whp. But like it has been said before, Juan is a much more experienced driver with that kind of power, so I wouldnt recommend going that high on the stock clutch

Downpipe...

Well I just ment remove the cat and put a straight pipe so my exhaust would be header back instead of cat back. I know its not alot of HP with those additions just worried cause I have seen cars with crappy stock clutches and they can go fast if you have to much output all at once. I'm deffinately expierenced but didn't catch some of the specs on the car and wanted to check it out. Not running turbo now...waiting till warenty is up but have other additions and Mazda hasn't disapproved any of them so far. Also when the car gets dropped if you just add H&R, Tien, Progress, or whatever kind of spring you choose if the camber correction easy to deal with or do you need to get tool specific parts to fix it, or is it like the mini where you need control arms?

IMC Mazda Axela said:
Also when the car gets dropped if you just add H&R, Tien, Progress, or whatever kind of spring you choose if the camber correction easy to deal with or do you need to get tool specific parts to fix it, or is it like the mini where you need control arms?

The front is ok when you lower because it's Mac struts. The rear goes negative up to 3 but nobody is making any parts to correct it. Mazdaspeed rear camber links are ghosts and the Eibach alignment kit has been delayed for about a year now (every two months, they say it'll be two more months).

goldwing2000 said:
The front is ok when you lower because it's Mac struts. The rear goes negative up to 3 but nobody is making any parts to correct it. Mazdaspeed rear camber links are ghosts and the Eibach alignment kit has been delayed for about a year now (every two months, they say it'll be two more months).

I could have sworn ive seen the Eibach rear alignment kit both on ebay and on its website for the three. Are you sure its not out?

Kooner said:
I could have sworn ive seen the Eibach rear alignment kit both on ebay and on its website for the three. Are you sure its not out?

Yeah, I've seen it on both eBay and on their web site, too.

Try to buy it.

Let us know how it turns out.

The part number has been out for almost a year but the actual parts seem to be more elusive. :bs:

Oh, and check the feedback of the eBay seller. Brennen Motors or something, right?

I think it is Rennen, not Brennen. I also think a few people have tried to order it from them with no luck. I just wish so badly that eibach would hurry! I came home the other day and saw my car sitting in the driveway.....first thing I noticed was the camber

Hmmm....

Well does it rub if your lowered? Are you losing tire tread to it cause if so I will wait to do mine till something comes out to fix the problem...I just got rims and tires done today I have been putting them and dropping my car off for a while so let me know.

It doesn't rub but you will definitely lose tread life on the inside of the rear tires.

no rubbing here, but I have had mine lowered since march and i havent noticed any uneven treadwear even. But I have only put on about 3000-3500 miles since then

It'll take 5k-10k miles before it's really noticable. If you were to actually measure the tread depth, I'm sure there would be a difference between inside and outside.

tphskab said:
hey thanks. you are one of the few people to check it out

i checked it out...a while ago...not my style...you guys didn't sound bad at all, just not my kinda music...

Back