Front Lip

99 Pro

Contributor
:
1999 Protege LX
Sorry for all the questions lately, but I was thinking about getting a front lip to add to my Mazdaspeed Sideskirts and Rear Lip. Not really a fan either of the front lip made for the 01+ Protege's either. I was thinking about getting a front lip that was made for a 1996-1998 Civic and seeing how close it would be to fitting on the Protege. Would it work? Are the front bumper dimensions fairly close?

well drackonn has a lip from a 98 accord type-r it fits pretty nicely for him, dont like the corksport ms style bumper? lol

nautical2086 said:
well drackonn has a lip from a 98 accord type-r it fits pretty nicely for him, dont like the corksport ms style bumper? lol

I do love that MS style front bumper that you have. However for me to buy it, get it shipped up here, get raped on border charges, and then paint it I would be looking at $1000 at least.

I wonder if Drakkon had to modify it much. I think that the dimensions of the Civic and the Protege front bumpers are pretty close. It would be so awesome if I could just bolt up the Civic front lip to my Protege and it all lined up fairly close. I'm probably dreaming though.

Not in Canada. The only place that I know of is Corksport. The 99-00 Proteges really got screwed on the front bumpers and front lips.

I PM'd Drackkon to see how much work it took to make his Accord front lip fit. Hopefully it wasn't too much work for him, and I can buy this Civic front lip that a guy I know up here is selling and just bolt it up.

Let me know on the progress or fitment , I dont mind doing that to my 03 protege LX since we dont have much to choose from for our cars.

Still waiting to hear back from Drakkon on how the fitment was on his lip. Might just head down to a performace shop here in town and just test fit one that they have.

He had his trimmed and molded onto his bumper. It probably won't fit too great if you try to just bolt it up.

that i know, but i mean there are things u can do beisdes just bolting it to get it to fit. Im going to get the 01+ lip and put it on my stock 99-00 bumper, its made for the 01+ but im going to put it on my 99.

I think I am just gonna buy this guy I knows front lip that was made for a 96-98 Civic and see what kind of magic I can whip up.

it wasnt originally molded ... at first it was bolted on and such ... but i molded it cost i want it to look cleaner, it took some work though ... the hardest part was cutting the bend ... where the lip starts to bend didnt line up with where are bumper curves to go towards the fender ... so it had to be cut there as well ... so at one point in was in 4 pieces ... it got cut at each corner and in the middle ...

Drackonn said:
it wasnt originally molded ... at first it was bolted on and such ... but i molded it cost i want it to look cleaner, it took some work though ... the hardest part was cutting the bend ... where the lip starts to bend didnt line up with where are bumper curves to go towards the fender ... so it had to be cut there as well ... so at one point in was in 4 pieces ... it got cut at each corner and in the middle ...

You happen to take any pics of the process? Would love to see those. So when you first had it bolted on there (without any modification to it) was it like way, way off? Or only a little bit?

it never had no modifications ... but here are some pics of it bolted up ... dont mind to sticker or grill they were temporary ... lol ... anything else i can help with let me know ill look around

Attachments

• Done1.jpg
    Done1.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 285
  • Done2.jpg
    Done2.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 254
  • Done3.jpg
    Done3.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 260
  • Done5.jpg
    Done5.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 256
i like that lip a lot ... would be nicer if it didnt curve out on the nose so much. i wanna see it in person. drackonn, u ever go to towers on fridays ?

Back