Accessory Belt noise

6speed

:
'05 MSM #36, '05 WWP RX-8
I replaced the accessory belts 2 weeks ago when the alternator/water pump belt threw, jumping the AC/Compressor belt almost the whole way off, damaging it enough that it had to be replaced too.

Had a b@&% of a time getting the Alternator/Pump belt off, as apparently when the belt threw and got caught under the AC belt, it cranked the alternator backwards for a moment, enough to completely seize the hinge bolt on the alternator. Don't have access to power tools, and eventually only the entire weight of the car on the breaker-bar handle (car lowering until handle was on other jack, then lowering to use weight to force the bar upwards) got it to loosen enough to rotate the bolt. (Unless I am just a retard or something and did it wrong)

Anyways, I think my AC belt is over-tightened, but I can't find anywhere how to check to see how tight the belts should be, and 2 days ago I started getting a horrible metallic screech just after starting the car when there was any load on the compressor (brakes, steering, revs) at all. The sound goes away after a minute or so, but trying to avoid having my dealer fix it.

I am going to get a oil change in the morning, and there is no way they won't notice it, so hoping for an answer by morning.

Thanks in advance.

Back