Roof rack

perfecto

:
2006 Mazda 5 GT
Just a note that my roof rack has arrived... I will try and take some pictures of it so you guys don't go through the same stress as me. (The whole "WTF am I buying?" thing)

Oh, and if it's ugly, I'm not buying it. :)

Nice - just got the accessory catalog from the dealer - but still not sure what the actual availability is.

The accessory catalog shows a few things that I didn't think would be made available - like a drop down DVD system (from the ceiling). I'll probably give the parts dept a call in the next couple days to see if they can order the rear scuff plate and the roof rack.

miatafied said:
Nice - just got the accessory catalog from the dealer - but still not sure what the actual availability is.

The accessory catalog shows a few things that I didn't think would be made available - like a drop down DVD system (from the ceiling). I'll probably give the parts dept a call in the next couple days to see if they can order the rear scuff plate and the roof rack.

Okay, so I saw the roof rack last night and it isn't as ugly as I initially feared. I'll put up a couple of pretty awful pictures of it when I get some time. Let's just say that it is nowhere near as nice as the European "roof rails". :(

It holds 169lb max of weight - how does this compare to other vehicles??

Last edited:
perfecto said:
Okay, so I saw the roof rack last night and it isn't as ugly as I initially feared. I'll put up a couple of pretty awful pictures of it when I get some time. Let's just say that it is nowhere near as nice as the European "roof rails". :(

It holds 169lb max of weight - how does this compare to other vehicles??

Mazda's MPV roof rack is only rated for 100lb, so 169 sounds pretty good.

Just got home from the local dealer.....the regional trainer was here today in a Phantom Blue (dang!...missed it) doing dealer training on the 5.

Anyway, they also finally got some brochures and an accessory brochure.

The accessory brochure shows a two cross-bar setup sort of like a Yakima or Thule rack. No lengthwise rails like on the European models. As I matter of fact, in one picture, it shows a bike rail on the roof rack....and it is a Yakima bike rail.

It also shows a ski/snowboard rack (branded Yakima)...only 1 board wide, maybe 3 pairs of skis if they are loaded bottom to bottom, not side by side, and a 13 cubic foot closed cargo box, 55" long by 35.2" wide by 18.2" high. If I look closely at the picture, it shows the cargo box is a Thule. There is also an open roof luggage "basket" with a cargo net, measuring 44" long by 39" wide by 6.2" deep. It says "Yakima" on it. So it appears regular Yakima/Thule type add-ons will fit this rack.

The rack looks to attach in the fittings under the rubber plugs on the black roof trim, where the European style rails would be mounted.

Weight wise, the brochure says 100# max.

If I had a scanner, I would scan stuff, but no scanner...sorry.

perfecto said:
The inside packaging of the box indicates 165 pounds max on the roof rack.

Ahh, does that mean you have one now, or just looked at one at the dealership?

If you have one, any pictures coming soon?

Was it the one from the accessory brochure with the Phantom Blue 5 on the front; the rack being pictured on page 4 at the bottom?

Maybe Mazda is supplying a different roof rack in Canada??

skiph said:
Ahh, does that mean you have one now, or just looked at one at the dealership?

If you have one, any pictures coming soon?

Was it the one from the accessory brochure with the Phantom Blue 5 on the front; the rack being pictured on page 4 at the bottom?

Maybe Mazda is supplying a different roof rack in Canada??

I don't have the accessory brochure so I can't help you there - I looked at one at the dealership, but decided not to get it. I am more interested in the European roof rails, which appear to fit in the same place. (and look a hell of a lot better)

As for pictures, I took a few, but they got erased off my camera. :(

miatafied said:

Mazda never sent me an accessory catalog. If anyone could so kindly post, how much $$ is the DVD and the roof rack? Is there on dash DVD avail (instead of NAV)?

kokomo said:
Mazda never sent me an accessory catalog. If anyone could so kindly post, how much $$ is the DVD and the roof rack? Is there on dash DVD avail (instead of NAV)?

Part # for the roof rack is: CC43-V4-701F.

No DVD player shown for the console, just the In-Dash 6-Disc CD/MP3 player and a Cassette Player (2 separate units).

The brochure does show a DVD player with a 7" screen (entertainment system), looks like it mounts in the headliner. Says it includes a remote control & 2 sets of wirless headphones. Also says it needs an installation kit, 1 for moonroof or 1 for no moonroof.

The vehicle brochure has this noted as "late availability".

No prices for any accessories.....will probaby have to check with a local dealer.

There is some place on the web that is selling some accessories.....don't have that web address handy, but maybe some alternate sources will have more items as time passes.

Found the link for a site selling some accessories....scarfed it from another Mazda5 forum

http://www.mazdastuff.com/directory.cfm?CategoryID=247

Perfecto: do you have a line on the European roof rails yet?

Last edited:
Also looking for Euro Rack

Perfecto: do you have a line on the European roof rails yet?

Hey guys: Add me to the growing list of those interested in the Euro Roof Rails. Picked up our Whitewater Pearl M5 GT Wednesday and the family absolutely loves it. I have asked the dealer here to see what he can find out about the Euro rails but I think it might be best to see if a contact can be established in Europe. We have relatives over there so I will look at whether it is possible to import the racks in. I will post to the forum any updates :cool:

just to let you guys know, i will match or beat all of mazdastuff's pricing on all thier items

thanks
Ken

Captain KRM P5 said:
just to let you guys know, i will match or beat all of mazdastuff's pricing on all thier items

thanks
Ken

Hey Captain KRM P5: Seeing that you are authorized vendor, can you pull some strings and import these Euro Roof Rails. I'm willing to bet you would have a huge interest in these items. (uhm)

afticarab said:
Hey Captain KRM P5: Seeing that you are authorized vendor, can you pull some strings and import these Euro Roof Rails. I'm willing to bet you would have a huge interest in these items. (uhm)

i'll do what i can, do you have a part number for these?

Might be tough, as I don't see them in the Mazda 5 UK accessories catalog. What about some of the other cool stuff, like the metallic accents? :)

Chrome Door handle accents : CC29V324OF
Rear bumper garnish chrome : CC29V408OF
Tailgate handle garnish chrome : CC64V3075F
Door mirror garnish chrome : CC29V365OF

Last edited:
How about these?
M5_Roofcarrier.jpg

The part# (I think) is CB01V4701. I'm not sure since the page was in a language I can't read, but I think it is a Mazda#. lol

Back