Selling The P5...Need Advice

mp5racing21

:
Sold:MP5, Saab 9-5
Hey guys,

Its time for the P5 to retire, even though I've had it for a very short time. I have too many cars and I have to get rid of one. I was thinking that if I sell the P5, I could use the money from it and trade my Saab 9-5 for an RX-8 or at least a Mazda 6s.

The reason I am posting this is I need to get some advice on how much to price the car. It is an 02 model, 82.5k(yes I've travelled a lot since I got it). As most of you know it was wrecked, but I lovingly replaced all that had to be replaced with Mazda OEM parts and all the mechanical parts came off of my friend's P5 that had 24k miles on it. So basically, the tranny, the suspension, and some of the engine components only have 24k miles on them(I switched the stuff because I had them, the engine or any components were NOT touched by the wreck). Mazda also did a lot of the tune-ups. The AC was drained and pumped, the tranny was flushed, so was the engine. Overall, this car runs better than most non-wrecked cars out there. No gaps or anything, just some minor dings and scratches.

I was thinking of putting it out on eBay and AutoTrader for $7100. The car ended up costing me close $6800, after everything. I thought it would cost a lot less but I had to make sure everything ran perfectly. So is $7100 too much to ask for? Any advice?

Below is the only decent pic I've got of it. I can post more tomorrow.

Thanks,

Ed

Attachments

• CIMG0566.JPG
    CIMG0566.JPG
    339.1 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
that's not a bad place to start...you should expect to take less with an offer.

from kelly blue book, 82000, good condition:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR vAlign=center><TD align=left width="50%">Consumer Rated Condition:</TD><TD vAlign=center align=right>Good </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left colSpan=2>[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]"Good" condition means that the vehicle is free of any major defects. This vehicle has a clean title history<SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!--AddPartner('carfax','ucppreport_bottom','kbbeccarfax')// --></SCRIPT> , the paint, body and interior have only minor (if any) blemishes, and there are no major mechanical problems. There should be little or no rust on this vehicle. The tires match and have substantial tread wear left. A "good" vehicle will need some reconditioning to be sold at retail. Most consumer owned vehicles fall into this category.<!-- Good Text -->

[/font]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD align=left>Private Party Value</TD><TD align=right>[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Search Local Listings | List This Car for Sale[/font]<SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!-- AddPartner('carscom','ucppreport_buy_value','kbbeccarscom')// --></SCRIPT><SCRIPT language=JavaScript><!-- AddPartner('carscom','ucppreport_sell_value','kbbeccarscom')// --></SCRIPT> $7,335 </TD></TR><TR><TD align=left colSpan=2>[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica]Private Party Value is what a buyer can expect to pay when buying a used car from a private party. The Private Party Value assumes the vehicle is sold "As Is" and carries no warranty (other than the continuing factory warranty). The final sale price may vary depending on the vehicle's actual condition and local market conditions. This value may also be used to derive Fair Market Value for insurance and vehicle donation purposes. [/font]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:
I was thinking if I do get an offer, I'll step down to $6900. I test-drove an RX-8 a few days ago and I am DYING to get my hands on one. Whether that will happen depends on how soon I can sell the P5 and what I'll get for the Saab.

the rx-8 is an awesome car, but just make sure its the right car for you. become famil.iar with its quirks and do yourself a favor and DONT get the automatic

not to hijack but is that pin stripe a factory option.... no offense but it makes it look nasty love the clean look

Alot of dealers like to add the pinstripes... let's them jack up the price another hundred or so for about $5.00 worth of tape.
mp5racing21 said:
It looked factory-like to me. I sure as heck didn't put it on there.

Back