windshield?

traitorhound

powered by FLIP
hey guys i got my 03 P5 about a couple weeks ago. . .i first noticed that there are like a lot of imperfections in my windshield. . something that looks kinda like a lot of little dimples all over most of the glass. . .at first i thought it was just some kind of residue that was just left over that they didn't clean off completley but now that i have already washed the car once and wiped the windshield down on the inside thoses little spots are still there. :wtf: You can't see them in normal driving though when you are looking "through" the windshild like normal. it is really aparent when you look at the glass itself and it the spots are magnifyed when there is glare from the sun. did i just get a defective windshild or did anyone else notice this. if it is a problem would i get hassled by the dealer. i remebmer reading around with people saying that the quality of the OEM windshild is crap but that was regarding to cracking in cold weather. any ideas?:confused:

Try using vinegar and newspapers to clean your windows. If that doesn't help, I don't know what would.

It's normal....out of the three mazda's i've owned they've all had windsheilds like that. It almost looks as if the windshield has been light sandblasted and when you get a glare from the sun it kinda does almost a rainbow effect across the glass.

well i took it to the dealer (in orlando where my parents live). .. .the head service rep wasn't present at the time and they said that i had to come back another day but the windshild did look like it was warranted for replacement but they needed their head guy to check it out. so when i took it back to the dealer today to University Mazda in Gville they said that they would need the district rep now to look at my windshield. . im getting a damn around with this thing. . .my baby is only 1100 miles old and i don't really want problems with it already. . . supposedly they are going to give me a call tommorow to see what's up. . .one person told me that the imperfections in the glass could have been produced when they were tempering the glass and some air bubbles got stuck. . but that doesnt' make sence for QC issues but whatever i just want a new windshield. . .ok im done. . .

20ESGUY said:
It's normal....out of the three mazda's i've owned they've all had windsheilds like that. It almost looks as if the windshield has been light sandblasted and when you get a glare from the sun it kinda does almost a rainbow effect across the glass.

Same here....you couldn't have explained it better.....mine definitely looks sandblasted. All of mine and my gf's Mazdas have all had windshields like this. However, commuting on interstates and beltways doesn't help matters when trucks are kicking up rocks and gravel.

Back