Recharging A/C

talon4x4

My A/C seems to take a long time to cool down and was wondering if one of those DIY kits would fix my problem. I don't think I have a leak, because it does blow cold, but it takes about 20 minutes of driving before it happens. At the local K-Mart they have 14oz cans of EZChill for $13 and it comes with a single hose that goes to the low side. Does this sound like something that will work?
The can says it will tune-up, lubricate, clean and charge any a/c system that uses r-134a.

Thanks for and advice you can give!!!

i have the exact same problem. I went to go recharge my A/C but the guage said it was full, yet my a/c still takes about 20 min to start working well during the day. I thought it was because mazda sucks and florida is just too hot. apparently mazda's just suck.

Well I went ahead and did it.....and wow!!! It works great now. The car is completely cold in about 10-15 minutes, not just blowing cold after 20 minutes. It is blowing cold air only a couple minutes after I start it up. The current temp here is 88 and with the heat index it feels like 94, so its warm enough to get a good idea of how it is working.

I noticed that mine sucks, but I think I am just going to tolerate it until next spring when it starts getting hot again. For now, I'll just roll down the windows and go really fast, sticking my head out of the window.

DeadGeneration said:
I noticed that mine sucks, but I think I am just going to tolerate it until next spring when it starts getting hot again. For now, I'll just roll down the windows and go really fast, sticking my head out of the window.

its all fun and games until you get a bug stuck in your eye...

What did your gauge say when you hooked it up? I tried to do this on our Grand Caravan last weekend, but the gauge also said it was in the 50-55 range and full. Maybe I have some other system problem. The air barely comes out cool.

talon4x4 said:
Well I went ahead and did it.....and wow!!! It works great now. The car is completely cold in about 10-15 minutes, not just blowing cold after 20 minutes. It is blowing cold air only a couple minutes after I start it up. The current temp here is 88 and with the heat index it feels like 94, so its warm enough to get a good idea of how it is working.

FLSilverP5 said:
i have the exact same problem. I went to go recharge my A/C but the guage said it was full, yet my a/c still takes about 20 min to start working well during the day. I thought it was because mazda sucks and florida is just too hot. apparently mazda's just suck.

there could a problem with the blower motor or something else in the a/c system. . there are a bunch of things that can go wrong besides it being low on refrigerant

my a/c sucks ass since day one when i bought it new --- this is the worst a/c i have had the pleasure to not enjoy -- lol

but after 20 minutes its almost tolerable to have the windows up --

I am on my third summer with my P5 and the AC still works great and cools the car fast.....almost have 50K.

-R

Back