lotus notes

:
GLA45
is the biggest piece of s*** from an interface and usability standpoint. i feel sorry for anyone that has to use this thing they try to pass off as software

it isn't intuitive like a piece of software should be. i just had to edit a profile of mine in a database (since everything needs to be in a database for some reason, god forbid there are files) and spent 20 minutes trying to edit it. what was i trying to do? click the "edit" button at the top of the screen, double click the areas i wanted to edit, and all different variations of things like that. what did i need to do to get it to work? double click this blue box at the top right of the screen that said "Information Technology Leadership Development Program". that's exactly where i would look if i wanted to change things on the form...

then when i finally got to change it, there was a part to select my manager and stuff, so it pulled up a list of people, i picked one, clicked OK, and it didn't want to put the person i selected in the proper box.

i also had to use this last year in an organization who used it for everything. it's terrible

oh, and after having taken a few courses on software design (being a computer science major), it's frustrating to see large pieces of software out there that are widely used and this bad

I've used Lotus Nuts for years. I have contemplated slitting my wrists many times because of it.

Latest posts

Back