Post a picture of your MAZDASPEED3

Cool thanks guys. Think once i get it back and everything straightened out from previous owners the KW's will be my next purchase along with sway bar and mid chasis brace.

You have a mid chassis brace from the factory unless you want to upgrade it.

You have a mid chassis brace from the factory unless you want to upgrade it.

Sadly this one does not. I'm guessing when the previous owner did the exhaust they didn't put it back on. But that is going to wait because I just found out I'll be needing a new motor :/

Sadly this one does not. I'm guessing when the previous owner did the exhaust they didn't put it back on. But that is going to wait because I just found out I'll be needing a new motor :/

what happened? low compression, window in the block?

No window luckily, but the engine bearings failed. Haven't even had the car 2 months and of course the dealer I bought it from refuses to do anything since it was an as is sale. So the decision is to take a risk and try to have it repaired with 105,000 miles or just get a reman motor.

Last edited:
No window luckily, but the engine bearings failed. Haven't even had the car 2 months and of course the dealer I bought it from refuses to do anything since it was an as is sale. So the decision is to take a risk and try to have it repaired with 105,000 miles or just get a reman motor.

There are rod bearings and main bearings. Mains don't usually fail so I'm assuming you are referring to rod bearings. You can take the chance to just take off the oil pan and try and polish up the crank journals yourself and throw in some new bearings or you will have to have the engine removed and have the crank machined down and run undersized bearings. At which point it is stupid to not just upgrade the internals while you have it all apart.

My 2013 MS3
skuwk4.jpg

Back