What happened to ION?

evilmonkeyMSP

Scrotie McBoogerBalls
Contributor
:
'13 CWP MS3 & '16 Mazda6 GT
So i was lurking & noticed the ION now has Potential Scammer under their UN. Also I check & they havent posted since '04. As I remember they offered some pretty nice stuff. What happened to them?

Edit: Sorry but Im to lazy to search...so just answer the ? (sssh)

Yes, they made nice products. But they were taking peoples' money and not sending parts for many months (9+ in some cases).

Great products, horrible customer service.

does that go the same for Spool (I think that was their name?)

jersey_emt said:
Yes, they made nice products. But they were taking peoples' money and not sending parts for many months (9+ in some cases).

Great products, horrible customer service.

I just got my iON exhaust back in March, ordered it in November I think, non-group buy.

Great performance out of it, though my muffler has some pits in it now and is rusting a lil bit.

fkmitsu said:
does that go the same for Spool (I think that was their name?)
no spool just went bankrupt because his entire market was based on the protege, he made tons of parts thinking there would be a line of people waiting to buy them forgetting the golden rule, protege owners dont have any money

You can get the ION FMIC from Kinetic Motorsports but i don't know about the exhast.

I think they also go fed up with the drama on this form. The reason why most venders leave.

Last edited:
noclue119 said:
You can get the ION FMIC from Kinetic Motorsports but i don't know about the exhast.

I think they also go fed up with the drama on this form. The reason why most venders leave.

When you make customers wait nearly a year for "paid for" products and your customer service is horrid...it's going to create "drama".

Antoine said:
When you make customers wait nearly a year for "paid for" products and your customer service is horrid...it's going to create "drama".

ya that is true.

Well I heard that Ion moved their shop into a cargo ship off the coast of Hawaii, but there was contraband on the boat so U.S. inspectors said they're stuck on there. And now, some pipe on the ship broke and their shop is flooded w/ water and all the water caused all these mold spores to fill up the air, so they haven't been able to work on any new products. That and someone called in a bomb threat so they haven't been able to ship any of the stuff that they've had boxed up, after waiting 2 months to get them back from the ceramic coaters.

<just what i heard ;) <JUST p heard< i what>

Antoine said:

Agreed. And many vendors also forget another golden rule: that "the customer is always right", they actually play it the other way around!!
(there is some customer abuse, but some are just plain right!)

Well I heard that Ion moved their shop into a cargo ship off the coast of Hawaii, but there was contraband on the boat so U.S. inspectors said they're stuck on there. And now, some pipe on the ship broke and their shop is flooded w/ water and all the water caused all these mold spores to fill up the air, so they haven't been able to work on any new products. That and someone called in a bomb threat so they haven't been able to ship any of the stuff that they've had boxed up, after waiting 2 months to get them back from the ceramic coaters.

That's okay, Jack didn't have any bubble wrap for any of the product anyways. This International fight on terrorism has really limited the import of bubble wrap into Canada.

BTW, the Kinetic FMIC is the ION Fmic, Jack at ION didn't actually manufacture anything, only put his name on it, lied to us them sold it at a markup.

Britt

goku4658 said:
and did i mention how humid it is in hawaii?

Hahah that was one of my favorite excuses -- "too humid to weld this week". He must have had a database of excuses.

RenzoMSP said:
Thats some rediculous s***.

I told him to take his time since I wouldn't install in the middle of winter.

Wasn't a bad process. I just had some fitment issues, but I got them fixed by a great shop in Trenton, Mufflex.

Yeah, he offered to send me some SS piping and reimbursement for the fix, I just never got the pipe and decided to not ask for reimbursement.

I mean I love the exhaust. I still the think the S-pipe is the best one out there, no offense to MAM or GHL or even corksport.

Jack's still in town here. He offered me partial sponsorship but I just don't have much money right now. Maybe when I get the turbo installed I can hit him up for a new exhaust and fmic kit.

Back