turbo mp3 here i come, need advice

LaZaBLuEMp3

:
RSX type s
yea baby, getttin a turbo. not sure which one yet. i want the tri point, and yes i can afford it. but im not sure. and i need a list of some other s*** to get. so any info from peeps with and without turbos would be nice. thanks guys

Just curious...why tripoint? I believe they use aerodyne turbochargers that are a little sketchy, or so I have heard. Also, for the price of their kit why not go spool turbo? More power for less money and you can upgrade with his kits. Thats all I got on the subject, but I don't really know much in the turbo area.
Cheers,
Moose

yeah, spool is the way to go. Tripoint is a great kit, the aerodyne isn't bad, but Terry has a great rep and great service and has sold alot of kits. Great products are only as good as their customer service, and spool has both.

Tripoint is not really making kits...

If you all missed the post in the F/I forum a while back, Aerodyne is out of business. That pretty much makes the TriPoint kit non-exsistent. I would call them up to see if they can even put the kit together for you before you say you will buy it.

That pretty much leaves you with either the FM Protege turbo or the Spool turbo.

I'm biased for the FM kit, and obviously Blu is biased towards Spool. Make you choice from there.

I'm sure FM makes a solid kit and once the ECU is figured out, the kit will be perfect. Spoolin....well his numbers are where I'd want my car to be if I was to turbo it. Just like FM, once Spoolin cures the fuel system woes completely, his kit will be awesome too. I'm too broke at this point to buy a Turbo Kit. But, the way things might shape up, I may be in the market in no time. Good luck and you really can't go wrong with either one (FM or Spoolin)

Damn right, I haven't gotten a turbo yet but when i do u can bet your bottom dollar i'm going with Spool's setup

With either one, you can't go wrong! Both companies have excellent customer service, and great results! The choice is yours!!

ok sppool it is

i can afford the stage 3 so can u guys make a list of what i really need other than the turbo. ive seen people using dif ecus but do i need that. thanks alot

becare full. spool's kit is not carb legal. and living in the great state of NJ we have very strict laws on emissions. So unless you know a shady inspection station that you can pay off to pass you on inspection your going to be screwed! that is the reason i'm going with the FM kit. those people that have the spool kit live in states that either have very lax or non-existant emission laws. i wish i lived there TOO!!!

About the emissions you can always get a high performance cat or use the stock one there shouldn't be a problem. Not the pre cat!

BluMp3Turbo said:
About the emissions you can always get a high performance cat or use the stock one there shouldn't be a problem. Not the pre cat!

i don't know about that. NJ emission laws are as strict as Cali emission laws. Would the spool kit pass california emission test?

i live in pa and we have emissions testing every year. spoolin (terry) told me that as long as i had a cat, even a high flow i would pass inspection. If this is wrong please tell me. i am planning on goin turbo by spring

yeah well PA has less strict laws then NJ. I would buy the spool kit stage #1 in a heart beat if it wasn't scared about the emissions. i hope i could pass emissions. but i don't know.

Back